Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Magic Track Pad

Tags:
Last response: in Mac Os X
Share
August 13, 2012 3:08:55 AM

Any of you owners out there who own a MTP turn it off or keep it on all the time? Thanks

More about : magic track pad

August 15, 2012 5:55:19 PM

I don't think it makes much difference, I switch mine off when I remember or when I want to pair with another machine, most of the time it's left on; after a year of use the batteries are still at 91%.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 3:08:20 AM

JustSomeJoe said:
I don't think it makes much difference, I switch mine off when I remember or when I want to pair with another machine, most of the time it's left on; after a year of use the batteries are still at 91%.
What kind of batteriers are you using for almost a year. I buy batteries ever 2 months which are the Akaline type.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 16, 2012 7:58:39 PM

I'm using ordinary Duracell Alkaline batteries, Trackpad batteries have never been changed, Keyboard batteries last about 6 months, Mouse lasts about 2-3 months; Mouse and keyboard are used every day, Trackpad is (at a guess) used every weekend and occasionally during the week (depends on what I'm doing).
m
0
l
August 17, 2012 3:05:32 AM

JustSomeJoe said:
I'm using ordinary Duracell Alkaline batteries, Trackpad batteries have never been changed, Keyboard batteries last about 6 months, Mouse lasts about 2-3 months; Mouse and keyboard are used every day, Trackpad is (at a guess) used every weekend and occasionally during the week (depends on what I'm doing).
Thanks I use the trackpad at least 8-9 hours a day.Perhaps that is why the batteries only last 2months.
m
0
l
August 24, 2012 1:52:40 AM

musical marv said:
Thanks I use the trackpad at least 8-9 hours a day.Perhaps that is why the batteries only last 2months.

I know I changed my MTP batteries sometime in mid-to-late 2011 with Duracell, I think. It just doesn't use much power I guess.
m
0
l
August 24, 2012 3:00:48 AM

halcyon said:
I know I changed my MTP batteries sometime in mid-to-late 2011 with Duracell, I think. It just doesn't use much power I guess.
Do you turn it off at night? Thanks
m
0
l
August 24, 2012 8:26:35 AM

musical marv said:
Do you turn it off at night? Thanks

No...tbh...I'd forgotten you could turn it off.
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 2:40:59 AM

halcyon said:
No...tbh...I'd forgotten you could turn it off.
You can turn it off and you get more battery life from this.
m
0
l
!