Magic Track Pad

Any of you owners out there who own a MTP turn it off or keep it on all the time? Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about magic track
  1. I don't think it makes much difference, I switch mine off when I remember or when I want to pair with another machine, most of the time it's left on; after a year of use the batteries are still at 91%.
  2. JustSomeJoe said:
    I don't think it makes much difference, I switch mine off when I remember or when I want to pair with another machine, most of the time it's left on; after a year of use the batteries are still at 91%.
    What kind of batteriers are you using for almost a year. I buy batteries ever 2 months which are the Akaline type.
  3. I'm using ordinary Duracell Alkaline batteries, Trackpad batteries have never been changed, Keyboard batteries last about 6 months, Mouse lasts about 2-3 months; Mouse and keyboard are used every day, Trackpad is (at a guess) used every weekend and occasionally during the week (depends on what I'm doing).
  4. JustSomeJoe said:
    I'm using ordinary Duracell Alkaline batteries, Trackpad batteries have never been changed, Keyboard batteries last about 6 months, Mouse lasts about 2-3 months; Mouse and keyboard are used every day, Trackpad is (at a guess) used every weekend and occasionally during the week (depends on what I'm doing).
    Thanks I use the trackpad at least 8-9 hours a day.Perhaps that is why the batteries only last 2months.
  5. musical marv said:
    Thanks I use the trackpad at least 8-9 hours a day.Perhaps that is why the batteries only last 2months.

I know I changed my MTP batteries sometime in mid-to-late 2011 with Duracell, I think. It just doesn't use much power I guess.
  6. halcyon said:
    I know I changed my MTP batteries sometime in mid-to-late 2011 with Duracell, I think. It just doesn't use much power I guess.
    Do you turn it off at night? Thanks
  7. musical marv said:
    Do you turn it off at night? Thanks

No...tbh...I'd forgotten you could turn it off.
  8. halcyon said:
    No...tbh...I'd forgotten you could turn it off.
    You can turn it off and you get more battery life from this.
Ask a new question

Read More

Mac OS X