Weird time warp-warp-warp-warp near Chicago Midway...or so..

Flying from Chicago Midway to Metro Oakland in a 737, when I got to just
over 11,000 feet suddenly the screen froze, the ATC voice went
"Southwest 2577, turn left-left-left-left-left-left-left-" and the disc
drive started spinning madly. Crash back to desktop, not even a little
dialogue box telling me I could notify Microsoft of the problem.

I had just saved the flight prior to that, so I opened it again and in
about the same spot, a minute in, same crash.

So I tried another flight duplicating the first one: depart from same
gate and runway, same route, same real-time ActiveSky weather, etc.
Same result at around the same altitude, give or take a few feet.

So I thought, "Hmmm, maybe my Midway airport addon is doing it. I
downloaded an enhanced Midway from Avsim, and this is the first time I'd
flown out of it.

I removed it from the game and flew out of the default Midway. Same
thing happened. I removed my additional Lago scenery; same thing happened.

Then I went to neighboring O'Hare (default) and flew from there, same
plane, same route, same real weather. No problemo.

Then I flew from Midway the opposite direction, to the east coast. Same
plane, weather, gate departure, runway, etc. No problemo.

Yet every time I go back and fly out of Midway, headed west to KOAK, at
around 11,300 - 11,500, I get hung up-up-up-up and crash-crash-crash-crash.

Any clue-clue-clue-clue?

John-John-John-John

--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address

There is or was a similar spot just beetween Italy and Switzerland. I
believe it was something to do with an invisible fault in the mesh scenery.
I think it was Kate who pointed it out and found the cure. It was quite a
while ago so my memory is fading........:-(

It's my wife's 70th birthday today so I am having to concentrate on our
lunch date!

Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter

Arthur

I rarely have brilliant ideas, but occasionally they do come to me in a
purple flash.
Don't fly out of Chicago Midway to Metro Oakland in your 737 or if you do,
stay below 11,000 feet. That will definitely cure the problem. I guarantee
it and you can call 1-800-907-5555 for support if you can't figure it out
yourself. We're here to please, but I'll ask my supervisor just to make
sure of that. : )

Ahmed

"The Lindbergh Baby" <johngrabowski1@die.spammersearthlink.net> wrote in
message news:42815C6E.8000801@die.spammersearthlink.net...

Arthur wrote:
> I rarely have brilliant ideas, but occasionally they do come to me in a
> purple flash.
> Don't fly out of Chicago Midway to Metro Oakland in your 737 or if you do,
> stay below 11,000 feet. That will definitely cure the problem.

Actually, maybe not. Haven't tried it at other altitudes. I have no
problem at 11,000 feet on other, close routes, so maybe it's not the
'tude, dude.

However, I *like* this route. I fly a Southwest 737 on this route, and
in real life a SW flies this. So it makes things "As Real As It Gets."

John

--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address

Arthur

Do you eat the stale peanuts too??

Arthur

"The Lindbergh Baby" <johngrabowski1@die.spammersearthlink.net> wrote in
message news:42824E68.5060000@die.spammersearthlink.net...

Quilljar wrote:
> There is or was a similar spot just beetween Italy and Switzerland. I
> believe it was something to do with an invisible fault in the mesh scenery.
> I think it was Kate who pointed it out and found the cure. It was quite a
> while ago so my memory is fading........:-(
>
> It's my wife's 70th birthday today so I am having to concentrate on our
> lunch date!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Quilly

Well, wish her a happy 70th from all of us!

John

--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address

Arthur

All the best to the missus, Quilly. Hope you got her a nice gift so she
won't mind if you keep on quillin' when you feel like it : )

Arthur

> There is or was a similar spot just beetween Italy and Switzerland. I
> believe it was something to do with an invisible fault in the mesh
> scenery. I think it was Kate who pointed it out and found the cure. It was
> quite a while ago so my memory is fading........:-(
>
> It's my wife's 70th birthday today so I am having to concentrate on our
> lunch date!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Quilly
>

> An individual reply goes into my spam filter

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Quilljar wrote:

> There is or was a similar spot just beetween Italy and Switzerland. I
> believe it was something to do with an invisible fault in the mesh scenery.
> I think it was Kate who pointed it out and found the cure. It was quite a
> while ago so my memory is fading........:-(
>
> It's my wife's 70th birthday today so I am having to concentrate on our
> lunch date!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Quilly

Give her all my best. Have a happy day......

--

boB,
Master_Caution_70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

On Wed, 11 May 2005 08:34:05 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>It's my wife's 70th birthday today so I am having to concentrate on our
>lunch date!

A belated Happy Birthday to Mrs Quillette.

James

My Southwest peanuts are always fresh, as are my flight attendants.

John

--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address