ATI Radeon X1900XTX now Top Gaming Card for PC

admiral25

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
http://www.ati.com/products/RadeonX1900/Press.html

Interesting read...

I wonder how "Call of Duty 2" and "FEAR" runs well on this card??? Does
anybody have this card yet? How many FPS can you get?

get lots of fps in cod2 and FEAR :)

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006

Interesting read...

"lots of fps" your a jerk arn't cha. lol :lol:

original poster guy, this is your first post so let me tell you something, don't take these jokes seriously, unless they continue past your 200th thread like mayep_necro. My first post sounded like an inteligent and fair question to me, but i still got reamed for it! Try phrasing your questions so you don't sound oblivious to your surroundins, like instead of "x1900xtx NOW best pc video card" try "thinking of getting[even if your not] a new x1900xtx, anyone have any opinions on this card?"

don't ask for #fps cause they'll just say "google is your friend".

to partially answer your question, the xtx version is a rip, so get the xt cause you save a 100 dollars, for 25mhz less. AND all games run WELL on this card, but not perfectly as F.E.A.R is a monster. And i'm not sure if its vvidia or ati that have reduced performance on opengl games but i think its ATI so take that into consideration when planning on playing unreal tournament.

better luck with next post. :wink:

admiral25

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006

Interesting read...

"lots of fps" your a jerk arn't cha. lol :lol:

original poster guy, this is your first post so let me tell you something, don't take these jokes seriously, unless they continue past your 200th thread like mayep_necro. My first post sounded like an inteligent and fair question to me, but i still got reamed for it! Try phrasing your questions so you don't sound oblivious to your surroundins, like instead of "x1900xtx NOW best pc video card" try "thinking of getting[even if your not] a new x1900xtx, anyone have any opinions on this card?"

don't ask for #fps cause they'll just say "google is your friend".

to partially answer your question, the xtx version is a rip, so get the xt cause you save a 100 dollars, for 25mhz less. AND all games run WELL on this card, but not perfectly as F.E.A.R is a monster. And i'm not sure if its vvidia or ati that have reduced performance on opengl games but i think its ATI so take that into consideration when planning on playing unreal tournament.

better luck with next post. :wink:

yeah nvidia has better opengl performace... but that does not matter anymore dx9 and soon to be dx10 is taking over (unless they have some new opengl comming out, I would not worry about that)

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
There will never be a Top gaming card for the PC because:

a.) New cards come out faster than flies on a turd. Shortly the 1900 cards will be a thing of the past.

b.) And in my personal view - affordable cpu's to the average guy on street will always bottleneck a top graphics card.

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
yeah but an average joe, wouldn't have a top of the line video card to put with his low end cpu. 8)

:lol: True, I guess I'm one of them :oops: .... But, being from South Africa, we pay a bucketload for hardware. I've already stated this, but a XTX right now in SA goes for R7000.00 (south african rand) - that translates into ($1:R6.2) $1000.00est. The same applies for EE and FX cpu's. There are bargains sumtimes, but overall we pay through our ears. Import Taxation.

I've had people flying to America on business trips and sending me cards from there, and that is a huge difference in price. But we loose the warantee or it becomes VERY hard to replace a card (as I found out with my X1800XL). We also can not order directly from overseas as import law prohibits this.

So, it's a question of big CPU or big gcards for us - and rarely both. I still wanna buy my WRX STi one day ... :lol: :lol:

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
don't get me started on a sti. one of the guys working with me, got one last week. damn, that thing is fast! turbo runs through whole rpm range (or it seems so), with no turbo lag. corners, what a dream. you can go into a corner, drop a gear and push it, no sliding of rear wheels... fck the xtx, the sti is my next toy!

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
he took me for a spin, if he gave it to me for a drive, i'd be in jail or half way to mexico! hehehe!

nevermind a M3 - turbo cars will always get my thumbs up, especially when they are from Japan... Supra, Subaru, Mitsibushi... the great cars! has anyone seen the new Skyline GTR? that thing will eat M3's - it'll look as if the m3 is looking for parking when a gtr comes past.... lol - just joking!

soz for messing the thread up with other toys.... but we are talking speed afterall!

jeremy_pro

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
I see you are my BLOODGROUP. Get yourself one of those Getaway in Stockholm DVD's(if you haven't watched them yet). Or check the website www.getawayinstockholm.com

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Soz about the triple post - was posting from my Imate - and jeez that thing can give me crap! 8O

Thanx for the link jeremy_pro - will try and order it and spend a weekend getting drunk, watch the dvd and imagine my VW is a tuner car :lol: :lol:

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
"I still wanna buy my WRX STi one day ... "

Got one, a black '04!

It's one quick little bitch!

EXCUSE me, but this thread is for us dreamers.... So you can't post that you have a STi... That's cruel... DAMN cruel.... :D :D :D

You are one lucky person - I'll trade my Megane 2 for your STi??