Wow as Real as it gets is Right

I flew my Cesna near the white house today and drifted a bit off course, and
really created a panic. had flares shot at me from f-16's and everything.

i had no idea my flight simulator would do so much damage.

teehee,

okay a bit of humor for the day.

Arthur

You could 'tee-hee' yourself into oblivion, Bill. I hear those F-16 jockeys
are somewhat humourless : )

Arthur

"Bill Horvat" <me@me.com> wrote in message
>I flew my Cesna near the white house today and drifted a bit off course,
>and really created a panic. had flares shot at me from f-16's and
>everything.
>
> i had no idea my flight simulator would do so much damage.
>
> teehee,
>
> okay a bit of humor for the day.

Arthur,
I think its only a matter of time before some low-time private pilot
wanders unknowingly into a restricted area, or a TFR, and winds up in a ball
of flame. The worst are the TFR's though. They are "Temporary Flight
Restrictions" and can pop up without many pilots being aware of them. Some
really are temporary, and some have been in effect ever since 9/11. A
private pilot must now really be on top of the TFR situation for the areas
that they intend to fly in, ESPECIALLY on the eastern seaboard where there
is a lot of restricted airspace. The worst (IMHO) is the TFR around Air
Force One. There is a 60 nm "no fly zone" around AF1 where ever it may be at
the time. The problem is that for security reasons, the White House does not
release the itinerary or specific flight route of AF1. The FAA simply issues
a TFR that says something like "From 0800Z to 1330Z, aircraft are forbidden
to fly within 60 nm of:" then they list a series of latitudes and
longitudes. Someday some student-pilot is going to accidentally wander too
close to one of those co-ordinates, not be really sharp on their radio
procedures, and wind up being shot down. Such is life in the 21st century.

Randy L.

"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
> You could 'tee-hee' yourself into oblivion, Bill. I hear those F-16
> jockeys are somewhat humourless : )
>
> Arthur
>
> "Bill Horvat" <me@me.com> wrote in message
>>I flew my Cesna near the white house today and drifted a bit off course,
>>and really created a panic. had flares shot at me from f-16's and
>>everything.
>>
>> i had no idea my flight simulator would do so much damage.
>>
>> teehee,
>>
>> okay a bit of humor for the day.

Hello from KOXR land,

I'm going to fly FS9, out of curiosity, from Q08, Smoketown, Pa to KLBT,
Lumberton Municipal Airport, North Carolina (which I believe was the
destination), in a Cessna 182. I set up for a GPS flight at 4,000 ft.. The
flight path goes close to Andrews AFB, about 2 nm west. I understand that
there is a no fly zone five nm around downtown D.C.. The Sim gives me a
flight time of 3 hours and twenty minutes. CNN said that the two guys aboard
were on there way to an Airshow at KLBT. Clearly the flight should have gone
around the exclusion zone.

DE PAT AKA AG6Z QTH KOXR 73 AR

dallas

"Bob Cordone"
> He was within 3 miles which is like being on short final, almost.

3 miles is a total failure for the Air Defense system around the Capital.
If that Cessna 150 had been carrying a briefcase nuke with an Al Qaeda
nutcase at the controls, good bye Washington.

Dallas

> "Bob Cordone"
>> He was within 3 miles which is like being on short final, almost.
>
> 3 miles is a total failure for the Air Defense system around the Capital.
> If that Cessna 150 had been carrying a briefcase nuke with an Al Qaeda
> nutcase at the controls, good bye Washington.
>
> Dallas

There is no "Air Defense" system around Washington DC. DC is not Hanoi.
There are not multiple SAM launchers ringing the city.

There is an Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) for which there are
specific procedures in place which need to be followed if you want to fly in
or through.

Two adults in a C150 with full fuel (which you need to get from PA to NC...)
leaves virtually nothing in terms of useful load. What load is available
would not allow for a device large enough to obliterate Washington DC.

We don't know all the details yet so please stop jumping to conclusions. At
the very worst, it was two pilots who were woefully underequipped for this
flight. And for heaven's sake stop buying into the bullshit hyperbole that
passes for news these days.

<rant off>

Jay B

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jay Beckman wrote:

> Two adults in a C150 with full fuel (which you need to get from PA to NC...)
> leaves virtually nothing in terms of useful load. What load is available
> would not allow for a device large enough to obliterate Washington DC.
>
> We don't know all the details yet so please stop jumping to conclusions. At
> the very worst, it was two pilots who were woefully underequipped for this
> flight. And for heaven's sake stop buying into the bullshit hyperbole that
> passes for news these days.
>
> <rant off>
>
> Jay B

If we didn't jump to conclusions, what would we talk about?

And what bullshit hyperbole?
--

boB,
Master_Caution_70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

And just to add to that, imagine the media coverage if they would have shot
down the aircraft, wow then it would be turned around as "too qick to pull
the trigger"

Dallas wrote:

> If that Cessna 150 had been carrying a briefcase nuke with an Al
Qaeda
> nutcase at the controls, good bye Washington.

Man, I thought you were smarter than that! Please don't believe the
hype that a small GA aircraft could do anything even remotely close.

The US public should be much more worried about a delivery truck, fuel
truck, hearse, or even an SUV. It would be *so* much easier for
someone intent on doing harm to a city to deliver a bomb in one of
these vehicles than an aircraft that can't even seat two people and
full fuel without going over weight and balance. Why aren't the
lemmings all screaming for a "no-drive" zone around DC?

Sheesh...

--
Peter
Between Hollywood and the news media, common sense doesn't have a

Aren't briefcase nukes that can blow up DC ..... stuff movies are made of

Dallas wrote:

> Excuse me.. ?

Why, did you fart when you were typing that?

You missed the point of my post entirely. A C150 cannot carry a
nuclear device built by terrorists, which is what you tried to imply
with your previous post. Well, perhaps one could, if one drained out
all the fuel and used a 25 lb pilot to fly the aircraft. Of course, an
aircraft without fuel nothing but a paperweight and a 25 lb pilot would
still wearing diapers and eating strained food out of jars.

There's fantasy, and then there's reality. Sadly, most
"Bubba-sixpack," middle-America US citizens believe the fantasy and
pure hype that small, GA aircraft can cause great harm to their safety,
disregarding the more obvious destructive delivery methods stuck in
traffic with them every day.

Perhaps you ought to start a new thread about weight and balance. This
might give you an understanding of the real limitations of smaller GA
aircraft.

--
Peter

On Thu, 12 May 2005 06:46:22 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

>"Bob Cordone"
>> He was within 3 miles which is like being on short final, almost.
>
>3 miles is a total failure for the Air Defense system around the Capital.
>If that Cessna 150 had been carrying a briefcase nuke with an Al Qaeda
>nutcase at the controls, good bye Washington.
>
>Dallas

How about an SUV, driving within 1 mile, loaded with nukes?

actually ... you can drive within 100's of feet in your SUV

"Bob Cordone" <nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 May 2005 06:46:22 GMT, "Dallas"
> <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:
>

> >"Bob Cordone"
> >> He was within 3 miles which is like being on short final, almost.
> >
> >3 miles is a total failure for the Air Defense system around the Capital.
> >If that Cessna 150 had been carrying a briefcase nuke with an Al Qaeda
> >nutcase at the controls, good bye Washington.
> >
> >Dallas
> >

> How about an SUV, driving within 1 mile, loaded with nukes?

GREGORY

On Thu, 12 May 2005 00:14:50 -0700, "Jay Beckman" <jnsbeckman@cox.net>
brought the following to our attention:

>And for heaven's sake stop buying into the bullshit hyperbole that
>passes for news these days.

Well stated.. it's really not to inform.. but to mold public opinion.
i.e. mind control for the masses (and the marketing of pills.)

"Bill Horvat" <me@me.com> wrote in message
> I flew my Cesna near the white house today and drifted a bit off course,
and
> really created a panic. had flares shot at me from f-16's and everything.
>
> i had no idea my flight simulator would do so much damage.
>
> teehee,
>
> okay a bit of humor for the day.

This whole thing is hilarious. Run America, run! Everybody is out to get
you! Great entertainment, better than anything I've ever read in a book or
seen on TV.

Mike

The only true statement in this thread .... everyone is out to get Americans
..... some overtly and some covertly

On Thu, 12 May 2005 12:16:13 GMT, "Micheal Smith" <smoyz@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>This whole thing is hilarious. Run America, run! Everybody is out to get
>you! Great entertainment, better than anything I've ever read in a book or
>seen on TV.

Hi Mike

I certainly don't wish to make light of this but I had to have a bit
of a giggle to myself when I saw an animation of the event on either
BBC News 24 or Sky News (can't recall which).

The Cessna was being trailed by the two F-16s, all three were in
perfect formation.

Now, I do stand by to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I do have this
idea that an F-16's minimum, straight and level speed is somewhat
faster than the straight and level cruising speed of the Cessna shown
in the graphic.

James

dallas

"Jay Beckman"
> There is no "Air Defense" system around Washington DC. DC is not Hanoi.
> There are not multiple SAM launchers ringing the city.

I guess you missed the photos of the guys on the roof of the White House
with shoulder fired anti-aircraft missiles.

Dallas

dallas

"pr"
> Man, I thought you were smarter than that!
> The US public should be much more worried about a delivery truck, fuel
> truck, hearse, or even an SUV.

Excuse me.. ? An airburst thermonuclear device is infinitely more
effective than a groundburst device if the object is to destroy a large
radius of ground structures. Someone planning such an attack would know
that and would likely deploy the device by aircraft.

Dallas

dallas

"Micheal Smith"
> This whole thing is hilarious. Run America, run! Everybody is out to get
> you! Great entertainment, better than anything I've ever read in a book
or
> seen on TV.

If three thousand of your citizens were killed in a terrorist attack you
might better understand.

Dallas

crash

Dallas wrote:
> If three thousand of your citizens were killed in a terrorist attack
> you might better understand.

Not to mention a few hundred thousand directly affected by the losses, or
the several Trillion dollar drag on the economy...........

On 12 May 2005 09:35:17 -0700, "pr" <proffice@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>There's fantasy, and then there's reality. Sadly, most
>"Bubba-sixpack," middle-America US citizens believe the fantasy and
>pure hype that small, GA aircraft can cause great harm to their safety,
>disregarding the more obvious destructive delivery methods stuck in
>traffic with them every day.

Hi Peter

Not an overtly political comment but for some reason the following
just sprang into my somewhat weird and distorted mind:

Alice Cooper, Elected

I'm your top prime cut of meat, I'm your choice,
I wanna be elected,
I'm your yankee doodle dandy in a gold Rolls Royce,
I wanna be elected,
Kids want a savior, don't need a fake,
I wanna be elected,
We're all gonna rock to the rules that I make,
I wanna be elected, elected, elected.

I never lied to you, I've always been cool,
I wanna be elected,
I gotta get the vote, and I told you 'bout school,
I wanna be elected, elected, elected,
Hallelujah, I wanna be selected,
Everyone in the United States of America.

We're gonna win this one, take the country by storm,
We're gonna be elected,
You and me together, young and strong,
We're gonna be elected, elected, elected,
Respected, selected, call collected,
I wanna be elected, elected.

"And if I am elected
I promise the formation of a new party
A third party, the Wild Party!
I know we have problems,
We got problems right here in Central City,
We have problems on the North, South, East and West,
New York City, Saint Louis, Philadelphia, Los Angeles,
Detroit, Chicago,
Everybody has problems,
And personally, I don't care."

Cheers
James

On Thu, 12 May 2005 17:11:22 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

>If three thousand of your citizens were killed in a terrorist attack you
>might better understand.

Hi Dalli

Very true, albeit perhaps a little unfair to Michael. Some UKers sadly
also failed to survive the attack on Sept 11, 2001.

The Brit sense of humour can, and most probably does, come across to
others as being insensitive at times. Quite a few disasters receive
their share of jokes within a few days. The one subject about which I
have never heard a single "funny" is 9,11. That particular event was
too awful for almost all the world both to comprehend and to make
light of.

James

On Thu, 12 May 2005 14:04:28 -0500, "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com>
wrote:

>Dallas wrote:
>> If three thousand of your citizens were killed in a terrorist attack
>> you might better understand.
>>

>Not to mention a few hundred thousand directly affected by the losses, or
>the several Trillion dollar drag on the economy......

Hi Crash

I was awake for about three days solid watching the 9,11 tragedy and
what happened immediately afterwards. Financially, the big fear was
that the US economy would go into free fall.

As far as I recall, the Wall Street Index did drop below 9K for a
while (9K was a figure most often mentioned) but it did bounce back
quite quickly.

Of course, Wall Street is not the be all and end all of finance but,
as the name Index suggests, it is a good pointer.

Please correct me if necessary.

James

> If three thousand of your citizens were killed in a terrorist attack
> you might better understand.
>
> Dallas

I do not wish to score points but to shed some light on something that folk
in the USA seem not to understand. In the UK over the last thirty years we
have lost considerably more than 3000 citizens on all sides to terrorist
bombings and shooting in Ireland. We have borne this with great fortitude in
my opinion, not always helped by some misguided Americans giving money and
arms to the IRA.
Please don't misunderstand me. I fully support America, but in this area, I
have always been hurt and puzzled by the support of Irish terrorism which I
saw in the media during three past visits to the States.

--
Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter