bownasterm

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
hello, i need some help here are my specs first of all

AMD 64, 3200+ venice...not OCed

1gb corsair twinx ram

msi k8n neo2-non platinum

geforce 6800 GT

okay, the problem is, when ever im playing World of Warcraft, and i try to watch a movie online, on a dvd, or if there is any kind of moving ad, object, or soemthing at all moving while WoW is maximized.....when i alt tab to the movie or what not. It either lags incredibly on WoW, or the movie becomes glitches, stops, freezes, or speeds up incredibly and i cant make it slow down

does anyone know a solution?
ive upgraded all of my drivers

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
im pppprrrreeettyyy sure its cuz thats single core and your are really abusing your CPU its a 3200+ and trying to run a game and watch a movie...wtf? try upgrading to a dual core if u wanna do that with out preformance loss

its not faulty drives i think its becasue you have a single core

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
hello, i need some help here are my specs first of all

AMD 64, 3200+ venice...not OCed

1gb corsair twinx ram

msi k8n neo2-non platinum

geforce 6800 GT

okay, the problem is, when ever im playing World of Warcraft, and i try to watch a movie online, on a dvd, or if there is any kind of moving ad, object, or soemthing at all moving while WoW is maximized.....when i alt tab to the movie or what not. It either lags incredibly on WoW, or the movie becomes glitches, stops, freezes, or speeds up incredibly and i cant make it slow down

does anyone know a solution?
ive upgraded all of my drivers

When you ALT+TAB a massive game, you are basically overloading your CPU/RAM with data that has to be moved to your hard drive. This takes very long. I doubt this is a real hardware problem, but more of the fact you give the build too much to work with, especially since WoW is very memory hungry.

Try overclocking. Your build seems very capable, but that certainly shouldn't hurt.

bownasterm

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
ok, the problem isnt lag when im alt tabbing, but its the fact that the DVD software bugs out...and increases the speedof the movie beyond control.

edit< and after alt tabbing the movie restarts from the beginning and speeds up>

this didnt happen when i used to use my pentium4 system which was only 2.6ghz, and non 64 bit.....could it be a bug with this processor and watching movies//playing games at the same time?

bownasterm

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
yeah im pretty sure i said, 64 bit venice......

maybe the software is at fault? maybe media players cant run on AMD 64 while its playing a game, even my dads computer which is a 1.4ghz pentium M can watch movies and play games with out all of these odd bugs and stuff

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
yeah im pretty sure i said, 64 bit venice......

maybe the software is at fault? maybe media players cant run on AMD 64 while its playing a game, even my dads computer which is a 1.4ghz pentium M can watch movies and play games with out all of these odd bugs and stuff

Just because your processor is 64 bit does not mean it is actually using 64 bit technology!

64 Windows is necessary to actually utilize the extra processor extensions on any software whatsoever. Judging from your confusion, I'd say you are using normal Windows home or pro. Also, by the sounds of things I'd say it could be a software issue within the media player itself or the graphics driver (believe me, I've had really odd movie problems with NVIDIA drivers)