AISmooth new version out.

On 12-May-2005, "Butch" <butchuk@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I don't know if this info has been posted yet, but a new
> version of AISmooth has been released..[Version 1.00].

I did download it, installed it and tried it...
The way it make space between AP's is almost genius..
When the queue for landings get crowded, it tells the AI-traffic to perform
holding-patterns to make space between the planes..

But.. the program still need some tweaking from the author..!
I did some "Touch and Go" at KSEA with 100% AI-traffic, and the application
broke down 4 times.. :(
Not FS, but the AISmooth...

Still.. the way to separate traffic is VERY realistic.. (though the planes
seems to do pretty steep turns in the holding-patterns.. for a ferry, that
is..)

Regards
Mikael K

--
Vatsim-callsign: OY-MKO
Home Airport: EKBI

Sorry.. no direct reply-email.. ;o)

Butch

I agree that the program needs tweaking. When AISmooth takes over
conflicting
movements at my re-opened Kai Tak :-] the planes end up circling over Chep
Lap Kok,
[for some reason], for eternity...and at some very strange flight attitudes.
Otherwise
flights into Chep Lap Kok itself seem to be controlled nicely by AISmooth.
The sharp glider like turns that the planes used to make when AISmooth took
over in previous versions seem to have been fixed in this version. The
planes turn
much more prototypically...More be-fitting a ferry :)
And the author still has plans to make it more realistic...holding patterns
at various heights Etc.
All in all a very nice addition to the flight sim world...
Many thanks to the author Michael Sagner.
Butch.
P.s..There's a forum at Flightsimmer.com on this subject.