reprogramming sleep button

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Is it possible to program the sleep button to do functions besides:
"Hybernate" "Sleep" "Shutdown" or "Ask me what to do"?

I would like for it to enable a screen saver. Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi Drew,

Only if your keyboard driver allows for remapping it (Control Panel/Keyboard
applet). Otherwise, no.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Drew Carter" <someone@domain.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to program the sleep button to do functions besides:
> "Hybernate" "Sleep" "Shutdown" or "Ask me what to do"?
>
> I would like for it to enable a screen saver. Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi,

Locate the WindowsUpdate.log file under \Windows or \Winnt. Open it and
scroll to the bottom. Look at the error codes and compare them against this
site or post back here with them:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Drew Carter" <someone@domain.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to program the sleep button to do functions besides:
> "Hybernate" "Sleep" "Shutdown" or "Ask me what to do"?
>
> I would like for it to enable a screen saver. Thanks.

kamal

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Whats the WindowsUpdate.log go to do with reprogramming sleep button.

> Hi,
>
> Locate the WindowsUpdate.log file under \Windows or \Winnt. Open it and
> scroll to the bottom. Look at the error codes and compare them against
> this site or post back here with them:
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Drew Carter" <someone@domain.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to program the sleep button to do functions besides:
>> "Hybernate" "Sleep" "Shutdown" or "Ask me what to do"?
>>
>> I would like for it to enable a screen saver. Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi,

Nothing, that was a mispost that I later cancelled. Evidentally it
propogated to the server you use, or you downloaded it before the cancel
took affect. It was a response to another user, but I accidentally grabbed
the wrong post when creating the response. Noticed the error too late.