cd-rom works when it feels like it please help!

my cd-rom has been working on and off for about 2 months, can anyone give me
anymore ideas, please i have done everything that help and support has
sugessted, but no joy.
3 answers Last reply
More about works feels help

    We need to know what the problems are and what you've already tried.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "abyssalsmile" <abyssalsmile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my cd-rom has been working on and off for about 2 months, can anyone give
    > me
    > anymore ideas, please i have done everything that help and support has
    > sugessted, but no joy.

    When I put a disc in the disc icon shows up for about 2 seconds then
    disappears, sometimes it shows up in my comp, for a couple of seconds only to
    dissappear again. I have uninstall and reinstalled it, the troubleshooter
    says that its working properly, have tried updating the driver, my computer
    is not even a year old and still under warrantee, but the place i got it from
    has got a big back log of comps and I would have to go without it for a week,
    I cant do that as i am studying, so any help would be greatly appreciated

    "Harry Ohrn" wrote:

    > We need to know what the problems are and what you've already tried.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >

    > "abyssalsmile" <abyssalsmile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > my cd-rom has been working on and off for about 2 months, can anyone give
    > > me
    > > anymore ideas, please i have done everything that help and support has
    > > sugessted, but no joy.

    if your cd-rom is something like two years old or older, maybe it's time now
    to have it replaced. this may already be a sign that it needs to be
    replaced if all cds fail to be read properly.

    on the other hand, you can grab a cd-cleaner and try using it. it may just
    be a few dust on the lenses.

    hope this helps a bit.
    --
    Regards,
    Dennis Lazo

    the email address from where this message has been sent from is unmonitored.
    e-mails may be sent at http://dennislazo.com/email/.
    information herein is provided as is with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.

    "abyssalsmile" <abyssalsmile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my cd-rom has been working on and off for about 2 months, can anyone give
    > me
    > anymore ideas, please i have done everything that help and support has
    > sugessted, but no joy.

Support CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP