Sign in with
Your question

raid 0 with two HDDs and an optical drive

Last response: in Storage
February 26, 2006 1:08:04 PM

hi there, if i have 2 IDE ports (ide0 and ide1). ide0 has a HDD and ide1 has a HDD and an optical drive. does it make sense to use raid 0 on the two HDDs? or does the optical drive slow it down?
February 26, 2006 3:13:03 PM

On my system the optical drive slow down the system if any IDE drive is hooked to it at the same time. So I have both IDE drives on IDE 0.

Then for my main drive I went to 2 SATA drives on raid 0
February 26, 2006 3:36:17 PM

Raid 0 will improve your speed, but double your chance for failure. I don't like or use raid 0. You would be better of with a raptor drive.

You would be better off with the HD's on the same buss, with the CD/DVD by it self.
Related resources
February 26, 2006 4:00:01 PM

This request you describe in your avatar picture, has anybody taken you up on it?
What is the point of it anyway? Asking for help in the forum and telling everybody to suck your you know what?
Poor taste and offensive if you aks me.
February 26, 2006 7:18:56 PM

dude, its a joke. but it requires a sense of humour. so its best if you just ignore it.

Quote:
This request you describe in your avatar picture, has anybody taken you up on it?
What is the point of it anyway? Asking for help in the forum and telling everybody to suck your you know what?
Poor taste and offensive if you aks me.
February 26, 2006 11:54:51 PM

Blue68F100 said;
Quote:
Raid 0 will improve your speed, but double your chance for failure. I don't like or use raid 0. You would be better of with a raptor drive.

Yah 4 Raptors on Raid 0 :lol:  :mrgreen: :wink:
!