ZZSpaceman

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
:?:
Just installed two identical 80 GB Seagate SATA II drives and want to configure them into a Striped RAID configuration. My mother board is an ABIT IC7-Max3. I am running windows XP Professional SP2.

I have a single SATA drive connected to SATA 1 controlled via the South Bridge and I connected the two new drives to SATA 3 & 4 controlled by the Silicon Image PCI chip. The Serial ATA Controller is Enabled and SATA RAID ROM is also enabled in the BIOS.

In device manager under SCSI and RAID Controllers I can see the Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATA RAID Controller, and its properties state that the device is working properly. In device manager I can see the two drives are identified as a ST380811 OAS SCSI Disk Device and I see them when I boot up, so they are alive.

When I boot up and get to the RAID configuration screen, press CTRL+S the boot continues as if their were no drives attached. So I don't get into the RAID configuration utility.

Any thoughts on what to try next? Might I need a BIOS update, or am I doing something dumb here?

Thanks