Traffic Tools query - Sector Bands

When using Traffic Tools, I find that the compiler runs slowly when it
reaches the "Sorting sector bands" part

I am curious to know what sector bands are - any takers?

Hi,

When you are flying around, only the AI traffic in your current "sector"
is displayed - the rest of the world is ignored. This keeps frame rates
up.

When TTools is sorting sector bands, it is creating a large table of
which sector each AI aircraft should be in at a given moment. That way
FS just looks up the current time and location in the table, and
displays those AI aircraft.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson
Cal Classic Propliners www.calclassic.com

On Fri, 13 May 2005 10:25:10 -0700, Tom Gibson <noway@nohow.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>When you are flying around, only the AI traffic in your current "sector"
>is displayed - the rest of the world is ignored. This keeps frame rates
>up.
>
>When TTools is sorting sector bands, it is creating a large table of
>which sector each AI aircraft should be in at a given moment. That way
>FS just looks up the current time and location in the table, and
>displays those AI aircraft.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Tom Gibson
>Cal Classic Propliners www.calclassic.com
>

>Martin Cowley wrote:
>> When using Traffic Tools, I find that the compiler runs slowly when it
>> reaches the "Sorting sector bands" part
>>
>> I am curious to know what sector bands are - any takers?

Thanks Tom, that's the info I was after.