Sign in with
Your question

aspire micro-atx desktop case too full?

Last response: in Components
February 27, 2006 1:40:32 AM

ASPIRE X-QPACK-AL/420 Black/Silver Aluminum MicroATX case with micro atx mobo:

my questions - will a rosewill rp550-2 atx 2.01 psu fit?
also anyone know if an asus x1900xtx 512mb gpu will fit?

I contacted aspire they said if gpu is longer than 10.5 inches it will not fit but i cannot find ANYWHERE on the web that lists the measurements in inches or cm :( 

I am sending for these parts from newegg but want to make sure they will fit.

The rest is not a worry: 2 wd 320gb hdd, 1 dvdrw combo drive, floppy with 8-way reader. The case measures 9 x 11.2 x 14" and has a slide-out mobo tray :D 
I REALLY like this case & THINK it is the largest micro-atx desktop on the market please advise if anyone knows otherwise - & BTW I am not interested in going midi TIA for any help :D 
February 27, 2006 1:46:52 AM

it will if you have nothin below your graphics card and tht the pci-e 16 slot is located on the first spot below the cpu
February 27, 2006 2:24:21 AM

Quote:
it will if you have nothin below your graphics card and tht the pci-e 16 slot is located on the first spot below the cpu

please clarify - i don't know what you mean by below the gpu.

I am not adding on a sound card if that is what u mean - the 8.1 onboard sound is just fine for me :D 

the opteron 175 cpu will be oc'd but has a copper heatsink & fan included that many state is as good as zalman or arctic cooling so will give it a whirl BTW this case hase a 120mm fan and the psu has another one should be OK

please reply i have someone else build my (6 so far) comps - i buy the parts am not the best builder/troubleshooter
!