Contivity losing connection

We have been using the contivity client for some time at a remote office on
an ISDN connection. DSL just became available in the area so we switched
over to Qwest DSL (pppoa). Many time through out the day we get a cannot
find host message . Once we close a launch the client it works fine until
the next time. The DSL connection is not going down because the internet
seems to always work. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on. Any
help would be appreciated.

Steve

Giganews wrote:
> We have been using the contivity client for some time at a remote office on
> an ISDN connection. DSL just became available in the area so we switched
> over to Qwest DSL (pppoa). Many time through out the day we get a cannot
> find host message . Once we close a launch the client it works fine until
> the next time. The DSL connection is not going down because the internet
> seems to always work. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on. Any
> help would be appreciated.
>
> Steve

If it works without disconnecting on the ISDN line or any other internet
connection then it is the ADSL going down or the IP address changes
frequently. See if you can get a static IP if your address is changing
on a frequent basis or find a better DSL provider. Hopefully your area
has lots of competition in service.

--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)

LoneWolf

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2002

If you just changed to a pppoe connection examine if the MTU is the issue.
I've seen similar issues with pppoe.