Desktop icons move when screen resolution changed

I use lots of icons on screen for easy access to files and
get used to their positions on screen. When a program
changes the screen resolution, the positions of the icons
get completely scrambled, even when the resolution is
restored, and I cannot find them again until I get used to
the new positions! Is there any way of saving the
positions so that they can be reinstated easily?

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

I use a third-party utility called WinTidy which does exactly what
you want. If you are a subscriber to PC Magazine, it's a free
download, otherwise I believe there is a charge of $5 or $6 to
download it.

Here is the link:

George