Reinstall Pocket PC 2003 on iPAQ 2210 possible?

September 27, 2004 3:02:34 PM

I would like to re-install Pocket PC 2003 on my iPAQ 2210
after erasing old data. Is this possible and how can I do it?

TIA

Frank
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 3:02:35 PM

A hard reset of your device will clear all data in the RAM of your device.
Pocket PC cannot be removed/uninstalled and thus can't be reinstalled, but
removing all the other data will take it back to its "origional settings."

--
Dave
www.davespda.com

"Fr@nk" <reply@newsgroup.plz> wrote in message
> I would like to re-install Pocket PC 2003 on my iPAQ 2210
> after erasing old data. Is this possible and how can I do it?
>
> TIA
>
> Frank

Anonymous
September 27, 2004 4:34:56 PM

> "Fr@nk" <reply@newsgroup.plz> wrote in message
> > I would like to re-install Pocket PC 2003 on my iPAQ 2210
> > after erasing old data. Is this possible and how can I do it?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Frank

Hi,

You *could* reflash the device with the correct ROM from HP.

Mike.
September 27, 2004 5:02:49 PM

"Fr@nk" <reply@newsgroup.plz> wrote in message
> I would like to re-install Pocket PC 2003 on my iPAQ 2210
> after erasing old data. Is this possible and how can I do it?
>
> TIA
>
> Frank

Was the machine upgraded or had the OS changed at any time? From what to
what?

If it hasn't been changed by you then do you just want to restore the
machine to out of box condition? A hard reset will do this.

Your OS is stored in a kind of read-only kind of memory chip, so shouldn't
be altered by normal use of the machine - it is possible to reflash the
chip with a newer version (if your manufacturer releases a version) but this
isn't something that happens in normal use of your machine.

A few more details to clarify just what you want should help to get a
clearer answer.
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 6:46:18 PM

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> schreef in bericht

> Was the machine upgraded or had the OS changed at any time? From what to
> what?
>
> If it hasn't been changed by you then do you just want to restore the
> machine to out of box condition? A hard reset will do this.
>
> Your OS is stored in a kind of read-only kind of memory chip, so shouldn't
> be altered by normal use of the machine - it is possible to reflash the
> chip with a newer version (if your manufacturer releases a version) but
> this
> isn't something that happens in normal use of your machine.
>
> A few more details to clarify just what you want should help to get a
> clearer answer.

The device has been upgraded to version 1.xx, but before that
I have deleted MS Word and Excel because I did not need
them then. Now I would like to use them, but cannot recall them.
If a hard reset does also restore these programs, then that
will be sufficient.

Frank
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 6:46:19 PM

FYI....If you deleted the links from the start menu, that doesn't delete
Pocket Word/Excel. Also, those applications are in the ROM of the device so
you can't delete them like you can items in your documents folders.

--

> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> >
> > Was the machine upgraded or had the OS changed at any time? From what to
> > what?
> >
> > If it hasn't been changed by you then do you just want to restore the
> > machine to out of box condition? A hard reset will do this.
> >
> > Your OS is stored in a kind of read-only kind of memory chip, so
shouldn't
> > be altered by normal use of the machine - it is possible to reflash the
> > chip with a newer version (if your manufacturer releases a version) but
> > this
> > isn't something that happens in normal use of your machine.
> >
> > A few more details to clarify just what you want should help to get a
> > clearer answer.
> >

> The device has been upgraded to version 1.xx, but before that
> I have deleted MS Word and Excel because I did not need
> them then. Now I would like to use them, but cannot recall them.
> If a hard reset does also restore these programs, then that
> will be sufficient.
>
> Frank

Anonymous
September 27, 2004 6:52:48 PM

"Fr@nk" <reply@newsgroup.plz> wrote in news:10lg2sreulrfcc1
@corp.supernews.com:

> I have deleted MS Word and Excel because I did not need
> them then. Now I would like to use them, but cannot recall them.
> If a hard reset does also restore these programs, then that
> will be sufficient.

It will, so a hard reset will be sufficient.

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 9:23:54 PM

"SoftSpot" <softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> It will, so a hard reset will be sufficient.
>
> --
> SoftSpot

Everything's back to normal.

Thanks everyone for the help.