sunangel

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
I've seen this done on other sites. I just had to get it out my system. 8)

I don't overclock, so I am sorry to even make my first post a noob post. Honestly, I would never want to void the manufacturer's warranty and I have a difficult time understanding why it's done. Unlimited bank roll? Test engineering? Idiocracy? Whatever floats your boat, by all means ignore me.

Please, if you feel strongly about 1st post comments please don't hesitate to reply.

Influx

Distinguished
May 22, 2003
not well phrased i'll say that much...

And if you had an unlimited 'bank roll' you wouldn't bother overclocking. For some, yeh, it is technical curiosity of how far they can push their hardware. But for myself and many others it is just sensible. Why buy a $800 chip when you can buy a $400 one and make it run as fast for not too much hassle?

If you don't overclock, maybe try it someday. Get some advice from here and google and you'll be suprised how easy it is.

Failing that, go troll another forum :roll:

purelithium

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
I have a difficult time understanding why it's [overclocking] done.

Well, it's the same mindset as to why people modify cars. Why do guys drop $3,000 turbo kits in their engines? It's because we want to have more performance than the original designers intended.

Honestly, I would never want to void the manufacturer's warranty

Well, since most warranties are only a year long, and are only useful because if a part is going to fail, it generally is going to fail within seconds of turning on, and all parts are tested as such before they leave the factory. It is a small percentage of parts that fail within the warranty period, and the majority that do fail after that first inital test, they fail OUTSIDE the warranty period. It's a small risk that gets taken. Or I know of most people that just wait for the warranty to wear out then they OC the parts.

Overclocking doesn't damage the CPU's, heat does. As long as heat is controlled, there won't be a problem.

sunangel

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
OMG!!! You guys missed the entire meaning of the thread. It was supposed to be a joke about being the first reply to a thread.

But now I see the serious nature of OCers. If you guys don't control your tempers (get the analogy -- heat/processors, temper/brains --) you gonna have a stroke before you've found your body's limit.

Learn to enjoy life! Have a hotpocket and a smile. :D

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
leave the noob alone or ill come and get you geez dont you guys see he made a mistake on where to post this and prozac i know hes spamming but you gotta realize that noobs are stupid(no offense sun)