question about graphics card....

Noobzie

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
when you activate antialiasing and anistropic filtering in the catalyst menu, does it overwrite the settings in games?ex: you on 4x aa and 8x af in catalyst menu but you off aa and af in game setting, does the aa and af still work in the game? and one more question is i'm currently using asus x800 pro without vivo..... can i unlock pipelines in the card? thx first...

PX7800GT

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Yes It Overwrites the Games Setting , any way when you activate AA or AF in Catalyst Menu , then the game setting doesnt matter !!
and i`m not an ATI boy but i 99% sure that you can unlock the other 4 pipeline , i heard some where before in the forumz that some one said with a basic bios update he unlocked the pipeline for his X800 Pro !!

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Sometimes AA and AF, when activated from CCC, will run in a game. My personal suggestion: If the game has built in AA and AF options, stick with it. If it has AA only, then enable AA in game and AF from CCC (and vice versa).

In some instances, using AA from CCC is beter than using AA from within the game and sometimes the other way around (applies to AF aswell).

Just keep in mind, that when a developer of a game includes AA/AF in his game, then chances are good that it might be optimized for beter performance or quality. It's something you will have to play around with.

Noobzie

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
i see... so it's a matter of trying to find the right settings for the right game..... thx for the info..... but i have one more question........ is it better to enable or disable the catalyst a.i? thx first