How do I creat this shortcut ?

I use the Classic 98 Desktop on a machine running XP.

If I wish to clear the recently used documents, it takes me nine clicks:

Right click Taskbar >

Properties >

Taskbar and Start Menu Properties >

Start Menu >

Customize >

Customize Classic Start Menu >

Clear >

OK >

OK.

If I could make a desktop shortcut to "Customize Classic Start Menu", I
could reduce this process to four clicks.

Does anyone know how (if) I could make such a shortcut ?

Thank you.

--
Remove "DELANY" from address to reply by e-mail.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Only took me four clicks.
Anyway, you can create a shortcut of the "Taskbar and Start Menu" by right clicking on the so named icon in the Control Panel, and choosing to create a shortcut.

"Babel17" <Babel17DELANY@optonline.net> wrote in message news:0nmYc.8811$Es2.4874522@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
>I use the Classic 98 Desktop on a machine running XP.
>
> If I wish to clear the recently used documents, it takes me nine clicks:
>
> Right click Taskbar >
>
> Properties >
>
> Taskbar and Start Menu Properties >
>
> Start Menu >
>
> Customize >
>
> Customize Classic Start Menu >
>
> Clear >
>
> OK >
>
> OK.
>
> If I could make a desktop shortcut to "Customize Classic Start Menu", I
> could reduce this process to four clicks.
>
> Does anyone know how (if) I could make such a shortcut ?
>
> Thank you.
>

> --
> Remove "DELANY" from address to reply by e-mail.

Hi! "Babel17"
( This does not answer for your Inquiry but I hope this can work for you.)
You can use alternative-method to clear "recently used documents" history.
If you are using WindowsXP pro, then you had better use gpedit or TeakUI (Power Toys)
to clear "the recently used documents"
or use script instead of using your way of shortcut.
Yujiro Oda

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:11:56 GMT, Babel17 wrote:

> I use the Classic 98 Desktop on a machine running XP.
>
> If I wish to clear the recently used documents, it takes me nine clicks:
>
> Right click Taskbar >
>
> Properties >
>
> Taskbar and Start Menu Properties >
>
> Start Menu >
>
> Customize >
>
> Customize Classic Start Menu >
>
> Clear >
>
> OK >
>
> OK.
>
> If I could make a desktop shortcut to "Customize Classic Start Menu", I
> could reduce this process to four clicks.
>
> Does anyone know how (if) I could make such a shortcut ?
>
> Thank you.

Until someone can suggest such a shortcut, some workarounds:

Try a right click on the start button itself and select properties. That's
one click. Next click is Customize and then click Clear. You could press
enter instead of clicking OK.

Or, make a shortcut to the "Documents and Settings\<your account>\My Recent
Documents" folder. Double click that shortcut to open the folder, right
click in the window and choose Select All. Press Delete.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Tom, that saved one click.

Yujiro, I'm on XP Home, not Pro.

Sharon, that got it down to six clicks from nine (including closing the
window), so your method saved me three clicks.

Thank you everyone.

--
Remove "DELANY" from address to reply by e-mail.
"Babel17" <Babel17DELANY@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I use the Classic 98 Desktop on a machine running XP.
>
> If I wish to clear the recently used documents, it takes me nine clicks:
>
> Right click Taskbar >
>
> Properties >
>
> Taskbar and Start Menu Properties >
>
> Start Menu >
>
> Customize >
>
> Customize Classic Start Menu >
>
> Clear >
>
> OK >
>
> OK.
>
> If I could make a desktop shortcut to "Customize Classic Start Menu", I
> could reduce this process to four clicks.
>
> Does anyone know how (if) I could make such a shortcut ?
>
> Thank you.
>

> --
> Remove "DELANY" from address to reply by e-mail.

TRENDING THREADS