Adquate power supply...

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
Hello people
I need some help with my power supply. I don't want to spend a whole ton of extra cash on a huge wattage power supply, because my system already looks like it's going to cost more than I want with the addition of a Koolance All-In-One Liquid Cooling System. Could someone more intelligent give me an estimate of what wattage PSU would be good enough for the components below, including surge when computer starts. Also, could someone give me an estimate of what overclocking would alter in the power consumption reading? It would help...I plan on heavily overclocking my CPU, as well as video card, RAM, yeah. I'm stupid when it comes to power supplies, so bear with me.

Asus A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 nVidia nForce motherboard

AMD 64 bit 3700 [2.2 GHz...not the best, but this is where I plan to overclock to compensate :)]

A-DATA Vitesta 2GB Memory (2 x 1GB)

Leadtek nVidia 7800 GTX graphics card

Seagate 400 GB Hard drive

A couple random fans

Koolance All-In-One Liquid Cooling System

One of those CD burners

And that's about it. Please help.

I had that chip up to a little under 2.8, and it ran great, but I had to back down because the air cooling couldn't keep up with it.......good chip, don't knock it. Water cooled it will be great.

I would suggest at least a 500 watt, I'm currently using a 650. That gtx will eat some power under load, don't want to starve anything else. You may need the extra wattage when you start to bump voltages.