iPhone 5 Gets Double the Pre-orders of iPhone 4S on Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
I know 7 people with iphone 4 or 4s. Not only are they not pre ordering, they are waiting until the next iphone. The deal breaker is the format of the larger screen. Everyone would have rather kept the same ratio.

I still miss my Treo 650 and haven't found anything that was as easy to use and functional as a "tool". I am not interested in an entertainment device. Much as I hate to admit it, for what I want to do with a smartphone (no movies, no youtube, no music) the i-Phone offers the best alternative for the usage and apps I need to have. Unfortunately, the double whammy of new form factor and new connector has the 3rd party accessory people way way behind and I think this will significantly curtail adoption. Without a new TomTom cradle for example, I have no interest in an upgrade at this point despite a screen that I cracked 2+ yeas ago on the 4.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Please note: I am in no way against Apple. But seriously... preordering something that you don't know anything about? Seriously???? And it that case something totally useless like a mobile game console with a phone and overpriced at that? Seriously???? How can something be more stupid that that???

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]keither5150[/nom]I know 7 people with iphone 4 or 4s. Not only are they not pre ordering, they are waiting until the next iphone. The deal breaker is the format of the larger screen. Everyone would have rather kept the same ratio.[/citation]

:D Why would you want a smaller screen?
Both screens are equally wide, but one is taller? How is that bad?

G

if bigger is better why dont you carry around an ipad in ur pocket?

leafman420

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
" the most beautiful product we've ever made " I dont know about other techs, but these word make me want to run and hide. If you buy your phone because it looks cool, then you are a dumb ass. Its better to buy your phone for the work it can do. For most ppl it dont have to do any work, because most ppl dont really work. they just talk to ppl all day on their Ishit. Oh I dont have a smart phone, dont need it i am intelligent with out that stupid phone. :) Peace Leafman420 :)

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]trollkarlen[/nom]the curse is not over yet...[/citation]

Android faboi ranting aside.

I'm not surprised. The shipping date slipped from one week to 2 weeks right after I placed my order at 7:30AM EST.

for an iSheep I guess I made a good financial decision: I put my iPhone 4 on CL for $450 and I've had 4 offers. If you live in the US and you're out of your 2 year contract you can resell your phone for enough money to subsidize the purchase of a new phone with extra.

Does anyone know the resale value of a 2 year old Samsung Android phone? LOL

From my Nexus 7

izmanq

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
:D double pre order ? somehow i don't believe it, more like apple trying to convince people that they still want that overpriced phone :p

[citation][nom]filmman03[/nom]and i bet everyone that pre-ordered the iphone 5 are all going to be voting for obama....how do i know this? b/c they like to be controlled and told what they can and can't [/citation]

and the most ignorant people in the USA are voting for romney. seriously you really want to vote for someone who ducks taxes by shipping their cash over to a foreign country and made a living destroying companies. yea there's a good guy to help prop up your failing country

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
So these pre-orders--these aren't including units for carriers putting in orders for iphones they're going to then offer to customers--these are actual full-retail customers buying through the Apple store(s)?

I don't like Apple as a company, but I'm fine with people using whatever device(s) they enjoy using. But I'm absolutely astonished that they sold this many. I guess now that the phone actually LOOKS different form the previous version, people are scooping it up! "Dude, how are people going to know I have the newest one?" (cough: iphone4/4S :cough)

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]and the most ignorant people in the USA are voting for romney. seriously you really want to vote for someone who ducks taxes by shipping their cash over to a foreign country and made a living destroying companies. yea there's a good guy to help prop up your failing country[/citation]

LOL, all the iSheep i know (save my brother) are voting for Obama...

Please put politics in another discussion :)

From my Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.