Unable to sign into MSN Messenger - Pocket PC 2002

September 27, 2004 12:18:21 PM

Dear all,

I have updated my MSN Messenger
(http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/msnmes...
ger/pocketpc.mspx) properly according to the instructions.

But, I have never been able to sign into MSN Messenger so
far. I always get the message saying something that "the
logon is not possible because the service is not
responding... ".
This has been for months ; I have uninstalled, re-
installed, resetted... etc. my pocket pc, but it just
won't sign in with the same message.

ActiveSync and internet surfing is OK without problem.

I am being very desperate about this.

Does anybody have the workaround for this problem?

Thanks beforehand.

My system:

Toshiba e740 with Pocket PC 2002 (wifi version)
Desktop: Windows 2000

Thx,
Rich
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 6:14:56 PM

How many connections do you have (Start | Settings | Connections)? There is
a known issue with MSN Messenger with too many connections. You may want to
try and reduce the number of connections that are configured on the device.
For example, if the device has six dialup connections and six proxy
connections, delete any connections that are not generally used.

Also, you may want to go to the website for the Pocket PC and see if there
are any updates posted.

"Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I have updated my MSN Messenger
> (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/msnmes...
> ger/pocketpc.mspx) properly according to the instructions.
>
> But, I have never been able to sign into MSN Messenger so
> far. I always get the message saying something that "the
> logon is not possible because the service is not
> responding... ".
> This has been for months ; I have uninstalled, re-
> installed, resetted... etc. my pocket pc, but it just
> won't sign in with the same message.
>
> ActiveSync and internet surfing is OK without problem.
>
> I am being very desperate about this.
>
> Does anybody have the workaround for this problem?
>
> Thanks beforehand.
>
> My system:
>
> Toshiba e740 with Pocket PC 2002 (wifi version)
> Desktop: Windows 2000
>
> Thx,
> Rich

September 29, 2004 5:57:40 AM

Thanks John for your reply.

I NEVER created any new connections/proxies in my
PocketPC.

So, what I have there are the ones which exist by default
(those "Work" and "Internet" connections).

Do I need to delete them as well?

There is an update of MSN Messenger on the website and I
have already updated mine, but the problem remains.

Regards,
Rich

Anonymous
September 29, 2004 4:20:17 PM

"Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1fed01c4a4a5
$39959540$a501280a@phx.gbl:

> Dear all,
>
> I have updated my MSN Messenger
> (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/msnmes...
> ger/pocketpc.mspx) properly according to the instructions.
>
> But, I have never been able to sign into MSN Messenger so
> far. I always get the message saying something that "the
> logon is not possible because the service is not
> responding... ".
> This has been for months ; I have uninstalled, re-
> installed, resetted... etc. my pocket pc, but it just
> won't sign in with the same message.
>
> ActiveSync and internet surfing is OK without problem.
>
> I am being very desperate about this.
>
> Does anybody have the workaround for this problem?
>
> Thanks beforehand.
>
> My system:
>
> Toshiba e740 with Pocket PC 2002 (wifi version)
> Desktop: Windows 2000
>
> Thx,
> Rich

perhaps this is a real silly question, but still:
is your PPC connected to the internet? Can you visit web-sites online
using your browser software on your PPC?

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com

(just remove the spamstatement