Need help with saving a image in gif from the net????

Ok I hope I can make this understood, my problem is this: I'm trying to save
a blinkie type image a friend made for me and sent me by email and even
posted on the same board we visit.....so I could right click on it and save
it. My pc only has the bmp. option when I try to save picture as and not the
gif I need. What could be the problem? I can save it as bmp, but the blinkie
does not blink. Iv'e been able to get a couple of other blinkies for my
signature from some other gals and my pc gives me a choice of bmp. or gif,
but I've noticed these blinkies have a file name and the one I can't seem to
save in gif doesn't. And while surfing the net looking for other blinkie
type images, I wasn't able to find one single one that had a file name, so I
couldn't save any of those either, because once again, when I right click on
them it only allows the bmp option. Also if this helps any, when I open the
properties of these, they are gif files, so I guess I need to know how to
work around this, it must be my system, because everyone who has these type
of images to share, tell you to just right click and save them to your pc.
I'm on WIN XP only about a 7 months old systems.
Thanks
Donna
2 answers Last reply
More about need saving image

    Go to Start > Run and type: CLEANMGR.EXE , and hit enter.
    This will start your disk cleanup utility. Make sure to cleanup
    your Temporary Internet Files.

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978&Product=ie600

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260650&Product=ie600

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Tripletmomplus2" wrote:

    | Ok I hope I can make this understood, my problem is this: I'm trying to save
    | a blinkie type image a friend made for me and sent me by email and even
    | posted on the same board we visit.....so I could right click on it and save
    | it. My pc only has the bmp. option when I try to save picture as and not the
    | gif I need. What could be the problem? I can save it as bmp, but the blinkie
    | does not blink. Iv'e been able to get a couple of other blinkies for my
    | signature from some other gals and my pc gives me a choice of bmp. or gif,
    | but I've noticed these blinkies have a file name and the one I can't seem to
    | save in gif doesn't. And while surfing the net looking for other blinkie
    | type images, I wasn't able to find one single one that had a file name, so I
    | couldn't save any of those either, because once again, when I right click on
    | them it only allows the bmp option. Also if this helps any, when I open the
    | properties of these, they are gif files, so I guess I need to know how to
    | work around this, it must be my system, because everyone who has these type
    | of images to share, tell you to just right click and save them to your pc.
    | I'm on WIN XP only about a 7 months old systems.
    | Thanks
    | Donna

    Thanks so much, that took care of the problem, have a great day.

    --
    Mark & Donna/Indiana
    Carl 22
    Hayden (LKS), Robert(PDD-NOS),Trevor(NT) 6 (Triplets)
    Baby Sister-Madison(NT) 2
    Hayden's Story http://www.kidsepilepsy.com/onekid.asp?id=1464
    "The mother of a disabled child will never take for granted a "spoken word".
    She will never consider a "step" ordinary. When her child says "momma" for
    the first time,
    she will be present at a miracle and know it" Erma Bombeck
    AUTISM
    Ten years ago one in 10,000
    Five years ago one in 500
    Today one in 150