Please help on a super budget PC, keep it under $230 CAD!

sam1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
OK. You know I'm poor right? OK this PC is mainly a "I-can-afford-to-lose" computer that will be running Visual Studio 2005 and various programming software and lite gaming like Warcraft III on 800 x 600 medium. The budget will be $300 CAD at most, say $230 before shipping and taxes. The components planned currently:

Motherboard + CPU + RAM = $99.99

SATA HDD = 65.95

CPU Fan = 13.99

I have problems chooing Case, PSU, input, everything else. I need some suggestions on products with the best value/stability. Thanks a lot.

purelithium

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
You would be much better off buying used components off of e-bay, you'll probably get way more for your money with a buget that low.

" The budget will be $300 CAD at most, say $230 before shipping and taxes."

You'd need a Dell for that price, or to buy someone's still functioning P3 or SLot A Athlon, as you can't assemble even a Sempron or Celeron for that little...you need at least $350 US, to be honest, for it to be worthwhile to build new....(and even then, you need a legal copy of XP, unless you are a Linux guru)

papau

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
Screw that ...Dell is not the way to go . Look you can get a old pc and just upgrade it slowly . If your going to do the pre built system just go over to Wal mart and get a E machine . I dont love them mutch but they do come with good starter parts and can run some games and video edit software right out of the box . plus you will find a E machine is more upgrade friendly . Most come with a MSI mobo and a 3200+ AMD standard leaving only little things to upgrade like video card and ram . Also look online for used parts like was said before this too is good place to start .

Maxiius

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
Like I told the other guy in his thread about building the sickest comp for 300 bucks or whatever... You'll end up just buying a sickly computer that needs to be put outta it's misery. Save up more $$$ 8)

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
your cpu/mobo/ram looks like a sweet deal if thats canadian $$$ Any case/cpu combo will work well with that. The power supply should be at least 250 watt and have a p4 plug. Case features of most concern are which ones throw in a psu, which ones give you free case fans, and which, if any have a side port with an air duct.

prozac26 I wouldn't give you more than $125 for your rig. :roll: