Men Use London iPhone 5 Queue to Raise Money for Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Heres the idea, make Iphone 5 as auction for first week launch, Apple/retailer will collect only the selling price of the phone, any extra from the result of bidding goes to Charity.

well....too bad Apple didnt ask the retailer to do that.

clubsaucekiller

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Heres the idea, make Iphone 5 as auction for first week launch, Apple/retailer will collect only the selling price of the phone, any extra from the result of bidding goes to Charity. well....too bad Apple didnt ask the retailer to do that.[/citation]
We've come full circle - faulting Apple over ridiculous hypotheticals. Keep fighting the good fight.

G

My god . New miracle of the world. Not phone but something closer to god.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Charity has become big business. Lots of people getting rich by giving themselves large salaries disguised as necessary expenditures (which they never reveal to the public) out of the money they collect in the name of charity/liberalism.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
just put a bomb at every queue for the iphone 5 ... at least we clear the world from retards a bit. I would understood a line for an item that is rare and limited edition but not for a thing that in 1 month every hipster will have.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]just put a bomb at every queue for the iphone 5 ... at least we clear the world from retards a bit. [/citation]
...and this is how the kids/teens of the world think today. No wonder the world is in the shape it is.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
In London, a line of 8 people on the pavement sparked a wave of queueing for the new iPhone 5, after 2 days the queue split up and went home when the first 8 people were identified as homeless people sleeping in the Apple Store doorway and were upsetting passers-by because they stank of piss
The queue reformed the next day when they then accurately identified as hipsters and not homeless people

[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]just put a bomb at every queue for the iphone 5 ... at least we clear the world from retards a bit. I would understood a line for an item that is rare and limited edition but not for a thing that in 1 month every hipster will have.[/citation]
That would be terrorism. :non: [citation][nom]greghome[/nom]This is just stupid...........might as well just give your money away directly than to give it to Lord Stevie's Church first[/citation]
Totally see your point, but this may be the only way some people *cough cough mtrlstc hpstr* may actually make a donation.

so... 5 days, 24hrs a day, comes to 120 hours. The phone costs what, $700? Let's assume that they quadruple the selling price (it is for cancer research after all, which is the only thing that raises more money and iProduct). So ($2,800-$700)/120hrs= $17.50/hr. This is obviously assuming a perfect world without taxes, and assuming these guys are volunteering their time and are not employees of a nonprofit who are getting paid for all of these hours in line... even if they are volunteering their time there are much easier and faster ways to raise money.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Pyree[/nom]That would be terrorism. Totally see your point, but this may be the only way some people *cough cough mtrlstc hpstr* may actually make a donation.[/citation]You realize i wasn`t talking serious ( given the negative points guess many think i`m an arab on jihad or something), still you have to admit it`s ridiculous to camp days in advance for a stupid phone that`s mostly similar to the old one.

dtemple

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]You realize i wasn`t talking serious ( given the negative points guess many think i`m an arab on jihad or something), still you have to admit it`s ridiculous to camp days in advance for a stupid phone that`s mostly similar to the old one.[/citation]
Almost as ridiculous as talking about committing terrorist acts on a public forum.

I don't want to be cynical, but I am not holding my breath for these guys to come through with this. The world is full with con artists, and one sounds like another trick: say you do this for a charity, then get your phone (and the extra money) and laugh all the way home. Someone needs to keep track of these guys. If they turn out to be legit, kudos; if not...
Charities that I use ( about 5-8 per year) have a track record and they are registered as such. Just sayin'.

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
It would be much smarter of them to just auction off their spot in line. Its a pretty safe bet that some iSheep with enough money to upgrade their 4S on the day of the launch has enough money to spend not waiting in line as well. Plus then these guys wouldn't have to spend a dime actually buying the iPhone, let the iSheep do that too.

schiwing

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Halcyon[/nom]...and this is how the kids/teens of the world think today. No wonder the world is in the shape it is.[/citation]

Weird, I thought the world was shaped by gravity and rotation...
But since you're such an expert on the matter, I'll take your word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.