frame by frame video editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashiplikethat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I am looking for some software that i can use to photo edit frame by frame of a video.
ie i have made a medievil film that i want to add arrows flying accross the screen and arrows going through people.
The software will need to support avi or mpeg formats
if there is any freeware that does this that would be even better.

cleeve

Illustrious
This is probably the wrong forum for this question, but what the hell.

The easiest way to do it is get your hands on some arrow footage - maybe flying through the air - and key out the background. If you had a shot with arrows flying in front of blue sky, you could key out the blue and put the keyed footage in front of the footage of your actors.

Good software for this would be Adobe Premiere, or any video editing software that supports keying.

tsf

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
Adobe premier, no questions asked!

but its gonna cost u a hefty $2100!!!!!! so its not recommended for everyone.

try pinnacle video studio, i think they have a keying option.

or just cut the footage from another movie!! (braveheart, king arthur? nah! bad idea!!)

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
I am looking for some software that i can use to photo edit frame by frame of a video.
ie i have made a medievil film that i want to add arrows flying accross the screen and arrows going through people.
The software will need to support avi or mpeg formats
if there is any freeware that does this that would be even better.

Forget freeware, just emule it. Sony vegas is cool but slow like hell.
I´d really recommend Magix Movie Edit Pro, and in 1 day you learn all the basics even if u never worked in a similar program. Really simple and really efficient.
Or if u have a friend that's a mac user, use the best of the best:Roxio's Final Cut Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.