fs2000.exe and fs2002.exe?

When I installed FS2004 I noticed that there were two weird files installed
in my main FS9 directory, "fs2002.exe" and "fs2002.exe". When I run them,
it simply starts FS2004. (I never installed any version of FS except 2004.)
Does anyone know what these files were meant to do?

Some of the add-ons from those versions are also compatible with FS2004
and need those files present to properly run. Everyone has them. They are
put there by the FS2004 installer.

Trip

"Matt B." <sawdust100@charter.net> wrote in message
> When I installed FS2004 I noticed that there were two weird files
> installed in my main FS9 directory, "fs2002.exe" and "fs2002.exe". When I
> run them, it simply starts FS2004. (I never installed any version of FS
> except 2004.)
> Does anyone know what these files were meant to do?

"Matt B." <sawdust100@charter.net> wrote in message
> When I installed FS2004 I noticed that there were two weird files
> installed in my main FS9 directory, "fs2002.exe" and "fs2002.exe". When I
> run them, it simply starts FS2004. (I never installed any version of FS
> except 2004.)
> Does anyone know what these files were meant to do?

Just guessing - but they may help shortcuts from prior versions to run.