Started my computer this morning and when the desktop opened up, I had a wide
taskbar on the left side of my screen, don't know how I got it or why it just
appeared.
--
Wes

Hi Wes,

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

This should help with this common problem.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone