uninstall sp2

Hope someone can help me uninstall the new sp2
upgrade....Don't like it and don't want it

Start/Control Panel/Add and Remove Programs
Click on Windows XP Service Pack 2 in the list,then click remove.

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
"Needing Help to uninstall the new sp2..." <mccord_kids@yahoo.com> wrote in
message news:261601c48e17$3b59f640$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hope someone can help me uninstall the new sp2
> upgrade....Don't like it and don't want it

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

when i go to Start/Control Panel/Add and Remove Programs,
only the first 8 programs are listed????
any thoughts on how to get this fixed??

"Larry Samuels" wrote:

> Start/Control Panel/Add and Remove Programs
> Click on Windows XP Service Pack 2 in the list,then click remove.
>
> --
> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
> Associate Expert
> http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
> "Needing Help to uninstall the new sp2..." <mccord_kids@yahoo.com> wrote in
> message news:261601c48e17$3b59f640$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> > Hope someone can help me uninstall the new sp2
> > upgrade....Don't like it and don't want it

Gordon

what if sp2 is not in the list wrote:
> "Larry Samuels" wrote:
>
>> Start/Control Panel/Add and Remove Programs
>> Click on Windows XP Service Pack 2 in the list,then click remove.
>>
>> --
>> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
>> Associate Expert
>> Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
>> http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
>> "Needing Help to uninstall the new sp2..." <mccord_kids@yahoo.com>
>> wrote in message news:261601c48e17$3b59f640$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>>> Hope someone can help me uninstall the new sp2
>>> upgrade....Don't like it and don't want it

Are we supposed to assume that your reply is in your email address? Learn
how to use Newsgroups PROPERLY here:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Check "Show Updates" on the top of the Add/Remove Programs box.

That all sounds good, been there, did that, only that the 2 gig's the
package was taking before are still not free.

It's like, before sp2 installation the HD had 26 G free, after
installation 24, after uninstallation still 24 G.

Any idea on how to clean my hard drive and recover the space? :what

--
claude1377

Im with you I dont like it either and probably never WILL... It is not in
control panel under add/remove programs if it is I surely dont see it.. I
would like to get it off my system for good. I cant even get into some of my
programs beacuse of this

"Needing Help to uninstall the new sp2..." wrote:

> Hope someone can help me uninstall the new sp2
> upgrade....Don't like it and don't want it

In my recent wanderings of newsgrous souch as this the common theme of
this thread seemed to be that SP2 is not a problem if you have a
stable OS.

I would advise against unistalling SP2. For some reason it loses a
vital link to a file, sometimes 2, which is what causes it to
constantly reboot. My recent experiences have made me have to do a
comlete istall.
One options that worked last time (which was not my on PC, by the way)
is boot from the OS CD and select Repair which is almost like a new
install (it did ask for a product key and forced me to active before
allowing me log on).
The one good thing about this was I did not have ro re-install all the
applications. If you have enough disk space create a restore point
that will at least get you back to try again.

Spiderrman