Contivity/Groupwise: Problem sending attachments

Last response: in Networking
Share
December 30, 2004 12:56:26 PM

Greetings,
Hope somebody can help me out with a problem I am experiencing with my
VPN:
I use Contivity V04_65.18 (128 bit). My mail client is Groupwise 6.
Everything works well (can send/receive mail, etc) except for the fact
that attachments take a real long time to go through when I send them.
I have tried sending a 90K .txt file and it takes up to two minutes to
go.
I connect to the Internet through a 768KB ADSL line.
Contivity settings are ESP Triple DES, SHA / Diffie-Hellman Group 2 /
LZS Compression / Max Retransmissions: 3
This doesn´t sound like a Groupwise-related problem because I have
experienced the same problem (long time to transmit even a small file)
with another application I use regularly.
I have tried connecting to the modem through the NIC and through the
USB port with identical results.
Contivity does not report any encryption, decryption, send/recv
buffers, packet too big, etc., errors.
I also wanted to mention that I can receive attachments without
problems, even large ones. It´s sending them that´s causing me grief!.
Any help will be MUCH appreciated. Txs a lot in advance!
Randy
rcastillo66@hotmail.com
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 6:13:36 AM

Randy wrote:
> Greetings,
> Hope somebody can help me out with a problem I am experiencing with my
> VPN:
> I use Contivity V04_65.18 (128 bit). My mail client is Groupwise 6.
> Everything works well (can send/receive mail, etc) except for the fact
> that attachments take a real long time to go through when I send them.
> I have tried sending a 90K .txt file and it takes up to two minutes to
> go.
> I connect to the Internet through a 768KB ADSL line.
> Contivity settings are ESP Triple DES, SHA / Diffie-Hellman Group 2 /
> LZS Compression / Max Retransmissions: 3
> This doesn´t sound like a Groupwise-related problem because I have
> experienced the same problem (long time to transmit even a small file)
> with another application I use regularly.
> I have tried connecting to the modem through the NIC and through the
> USB port with identical results.
> Contivity does not report any encryption, decryption, send/recv
> buffers, packet too big, etc., errors.
> I also wanted to mention that I can receive attachments without
> problems, even large ones. It´s sending them that´s causing me grief!.
> Any help will be MUCH appreciated. Txs a lot in advance!
> Randy
> rcastillo66@hotmail.com

Your modem only receives data at 768KB. It's transmit speed must be far
lower, likely 64KB or 128KB/s. Get a faster internet connection.

--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)