Contivity/Groupwise: Problem sending attachments

Greetings,
Hope somebody can help me out with a problem I am experiencing with my
VPN:
I use Contivity V04_65.18 (128 bit). My mail client is Groupwise 6.
Everything works well (can send/receive mail, etc) except for the fact
that attachments take a real long time to go through when I send them.
I have tried sending a 90K .txt file and it takes up to two minutes to
go.
I connect to the Internet through a 768KB ADSL line.
Contivity settings are ESP Triple DES, SHA / Diffie-Hellman Group 2 /
LZS Compression / Max Retransmissions: 3
This doesn´t sound like a Groupwise-related problem because I have
experienced the same problem (long time to transmit even a small file)
with another application I use regularly.
I have tried connecting to the modem through the NIC and through the
USB port with identical results.
Contivity does not report any encryption, decryption, send/recv
buffers, packet too big, etc., errors.
I also wanted to mention that I can receive attachments without
problems, even large ones. It´s sending them that´s causing me grief!.
Any help will be MUCH appreciated. Txs a lot in advance!
Randy
rcastillo66@hotmail.com
1 answer Last reply
More about contivity groupwise problem sending attachments

    Randy wrote:
    > Greetings,
    > Hope somebody can help me out with a problem I am experiencing with my
    > VPN:
    > I use Contivity V04_65.18 (128 bit). My mail client is Groupwise 6.
    > Everything works well (can send/receive mail, etc) except for the fact
    > that attachments take a real long time to go through when I send them.
    > I have tried sending a 90K .txt file and it takes up to two minutes to
    > go.
    > I connect to the Internet through a 768KB ADSL line.
    > Contivity settings are ESP Triple DES, SHA / Diffie-Hellman Group 2 /
    > LZS Compression / Max Retransmissions: 3
    > This doesn´t sound like a Groupwise-related problem because I have
    > experienced the same problem (long time to transmit even a small file)
    > with another application I use regularly.
    > I have tried connecting to the modem through the NIC and through the
    > USB port with identical results.
    > Contivity does not report any encryption, decryption, send/recv
    > buffers, packet too big, etc., errors.
    > I also wanted to mention that I can receive attachments without
    > problems, even large ones. It´s sending them that´s causing me grief!.
    > Any help will be MUCH appreciated. Txs a lot in advance!
    > Randy
    > rcastillo66@hotmail.com

    Your modem only receives data at 768KB. It's transmit speed must be far
    lower, likely 64KB or 128KB/s. Get a faster internet connection.

    --
    WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
    Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)

VPN Networking