jdmarsh2g

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I mirrored two seagate drives.... sata.... I really takes away from performance... also caused XP to hang on reboot and startup. so i removed it.... After removing performance increased but I can not get to my two sata drives.... it shows them under properties of installed drives but windows still sees them as identical..... Before mirroring the drives they were e: f: respectively. I have this error code under device manager.

42 Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because there is a duplicate device already running in the system. (Code 42) A duplicate device was detected. This error occurs when a bus driver erroneously creates two identically named children (bus driver error), or when a device with a serial number is discovered in a new location before it is removed from the old location.
Restart the computer.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction to have these drives..... seen as separate..... the controller sees them as identical after ..... creating mirror raid

jdmarsh2g

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I removed them in windows with the via raid tool.... but I didn't no go into the bios. Where can I find information to educate me on this. In the mean time I will google and see what I can learn. Thank you I appreciate the knowledge.