VPN client for PDA ??

Hi,

This may not be the correct place to post this query - apologies if
that's the case.

I'm thinking of purchasing a PDA to connect into my work network in
order to perform simple tasks when i'm on 24x7 call (yeeuch!)

Our network runs a Cisco VPN server, so I'll need a Cisco VPN client
in order to do this, does anyone know if there is compatible software
available for PDA's (am considring all OS's) ?? I saw on the Cisco
site that they used to support Movian VPN for Palm/Pocket PC, but that
has now reached end of life.

The whole solution i'm planning is :-

PDA (Xterm/Telnet Application) ---> Vodafone GPRS ---> Cisco VPN --->
Unix Server

Is this gonna work ok, or am I shooting for pie in the sky here ?!

Thanks for any help, and a Happy New Year to all !

Magic Bob
1 answer Last reply
More about client

    The german company NCP (www.ncp.de) offers an IPSec client (they call it
    "Secure Entry CE Client") that is compatible with gateways of many
    different vendors including Cisco: see
    http://www.ncp.de/english/filedownload/IPsec_Compatibility.pdf .

    They also offer a version for PDAs with PocketPC. A 30 day trial version
    is available:
    http://www.ncp.de/english/services/testsoftware/index_entry.html

    Magic Bob wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > This may not be the correct place to post this query - apologies if
    > that's the case.
    >
    > I'm thinking of purchasing a PDA to connect into my work network in
    > order to perform simple tasks when i'm on 24x7 call (yeeuch!)
    >
    > Our network runs a Cisco VPN server, so I'll need a Cisco VPN client
    > in order to do this, does anyone know if there is compatible software
    > available for PDA's (am considring all OS's) ?? I saw on the Cisco
    > site that they used to support Movian VPN for Palm/Pocket PC, but that
    > has now reached end of life.
    >
    > The whole solution i'm planning is :-
    >
    > PDA (Xterm/Telnet Application) ---> Vodafone GPRS ---> Cisco VPN --->
    > Unix Server
    >
    > Is this gonna work ok, or am I shooting for pie in the sky here ?!
    >
    > Thanks for any help, and a Happy New Year to all !
    >
    > Magic Bob

vpn PDA Networking