Contivity/Groupwise: Problem sending attachments

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

Txs for your reply. The upload speed of my ADSL connection is 256.
However, even if it was as slow as 64K, a 90K file should not take up
to two minutes to upload, should it?. Or am I missing something about
VPNs?
Best,
Randy
rcastillo66@hotmail.com

Randy wrote:
> Txs for your reply. The upload speed of my ADSL connection is 256.
> However, even if it was as slow as 64K, a 90K file should not take up
> to two minutes to upload, should it?. Or am I missing something about
> VPNs?
> Best,
> Randy
> rcastillo66@hotmail.com

I am not familiar with your particular VPN client but VPNs in general
add some overhead to the transmitted packets. Sometimes adjusting down
the MTU will solve problems where an application (e-mail, FTP, etc) will
work until you attempt a transfer that will cause the packet size to
become too large and can result in a broken application or bad performance.

Some VPN solutions adjust for this. Does the problem occur uploading
when you are not attached to this VPN?