It was a thunderfloopy day...

....and Varmit, being the ever intrepid simulated pilot, decided to
visit his friend boB, whose moniker seems to suffer from a peculiar
typo anomaly.

Now, both Varmit and boB share a common affliction that they just
can't quite sort out to any reasonable person's satisfaction; they
both reside in the rather scary, and might I add, politically
incorrect state of Texas. I, for one, offer my deepest sympathies.

Considering the many unlikely facts underlying this story; a simulated
flying Varmit, his friend with a very short, yet still typo ridden
moniker, a thunderfloopy weather forecast, and the "we're not in
Kansas anymore, Toto" state of Texas location, it's a wonder that our
heroes have been able to collect their wits well enough to post to an
equally "we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto" Usenet news group known
for its peculiar and motley collection of regular participants.

Chapter I: VFR Varmit Mode

And so it came to be, on this thunderfloopy day, that our favorite
simulated flying Varmit decided to visit his friend boB, in a small
town known affectionately as Kempner, where 7 whole grain German
bread is consumed, and its quaint residents don't even know if they
have a mayor or not. In spite of all this, and the fact that we are
talking about Texas here, this small town does, rather
embarrassingly, claim two actual animal loving residents; yes indeed,
it is our very own boB and his lovely wife Gabriella (who, it should
be noted, does not suffer from a typo ridden moniker!). You may now
be wondering "But what does any this have to do the Varmit and his
thunderfloopy VFR adventure?" Very little, I suppose.

In proper "everything is bigger here" Texas style, Varmit decided to
venture into the skies in his diminutive yet impressively named
"Challenger II" ultralight flying object (UFO). Even though most of
us can only imagine that such a flying device might have a maximum
crosswind tolerance of 1.2 acres per hour, this did not deter our
determined Varmit. Oh no, he is an intrepid Varmit, and so, yet
again in "everything is bigger here" Texas style, he taxied his wee
UFO onto the tarmac at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. We
are impressed already!

Of course, concern for crosswind tolerances on thunderfloopy days
aside for the moment, Varmit may not have quite completely taken into
account the wake turbulence effect of the simulated Airbus A380 that
had, in spite of its own anti-gravity challenged girth, taken off
just moments before on the very same runway. Incredibly, this was
not a problem for Varmit, because he didn't even have to apply any
positive throttle in order to become airborne, as the force of the
wind produced by the A380's engines caused his Challenger II to leave
the ground even before Dallas/Fort Worth ATC could say "Varmit
cleared for takeoff"! Because of his unexpected and somewhat unusual
takeoff procedure, Varmit's first few moments aloft were, shall we
say, less than graceful (astonished witnesses described a wildly
oscillating UFO just above the tarmac, doing things no known human
created aircraft can do). However, being a determined flying Varmit,
he was *not* going to distinguish himself by ending up in a classic
Lawn Dart non-flight attitude, and so he wrestled his Challenger II
into submission, and went on his merry way.

Texas VFR Varmit Mode stipulates that one must follow Armadillo road
kill from point A to point B; but let's not forget, this was no
ordinary day, and visibility might not have been optimal, and so the
ever resourceful Varmit had remembered to bring along some outdated
sectional charts, just in case. Feeling a bit lost without the
usually abundant Armadillo road kill to follow due to flying VFR
Varmit Mode in IFR Varmit conditions, yet in fine male Varmit
tradition, not wanting to ask ATC for directions, Varmit decided that
he was just taking the "scenic route". Apparently, some hair pulling
did occur, but as we know, Varmits are usually endowed with plenty of
hair, so I'm sure this was not too much of a problem for our furry
flying friend.

Chapter II: Varmit, marginally aloft, wonders..."Now, where's
Kempner?"

Stay tuned...

- --
Melissa

PGP Public Keys: http://www.freewebs.com/kuviahunnihautik/

crash

Lawn Dart wrote:

> ...and Varmit,

hehehe, great stuff!

As we wait with bait breath for later installments...........

eerrrr, bated breath

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Lawn Dart wrote:

> Chapter II: Varmit, marginally aloft, wonders..."Now, where's
> Kempner?"
>
> Stay tuned...
>
> - --
> Melissa

AAkkk... Poor Varmit. And more than once have I stated in flight,
looking intently and pointing a finger to a spot on the map, "We're
right here, but that town over there, is new, it isn't on the map."

--

boB,
Master_Caution_70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

On Mon, 16 May 2005 01:25:43 -0700, Lawn Dart
<willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

>Toto

Excellent :)

I've made far to many musical referrences recently. Your mentioning
Toto is more than enough even for me.

I guess it rains ... and someties it poors.

James

Arthur

Lawn.....you have a definite talent for story-telling and this one is great.
I want more.....I need more....I demand more....uuuhhhhh...time for lunch.
Bye : )

Arthur

"James Hodson" <jUNDERSCOREhodson@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote in message
> On Mon, 16 May 2005 01:25:43 -0700, Lawn Dart
> <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>Toto
>
> Excellent :)
>
> I've made far to many musical referrences recently. Your mentioning
> Toto is more than enough even for me.
>
> I guess it rains ... and someties it poors.
>
> James

On Mon, 16 May 2005 01:25:43 -0700, Lawn Dart wrote:

<snip>
> Chapter II: Varmit, marginally aloft, wonders..."Now, where's
> Kempner?"

I hope he doesn't confuse Kempner with Kilder!

Some idiot wanted to say "hi" to one of his employees by flying his
ultralight over the guy's house. It was one of three houses in the middle
of nowhere....the pilot hit the roof of one of them (not the employee's
house!), it burst into flames and destroyed a large part of the house.

Oh....the pilot and his wife didn't survive.

Naaah....both Dallas and boB love following the roads and roadsigns, while
having a full cooler on the right seat. (wives in the back seat, of course)
And after every successfull touchdown they yell out a typical Texas
"yeehaaaa!!" to let everyone around them know they have returned.
Of course the cattle already knew that, since the two hot shot's scared the
hair off of them, chickens refuse to lay eggs and the local pigs have
chosen to dine at Wendy's from now on.

I can't wait for chapter 2, Mel....keep the good stuff coming!

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(You've got clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?)

dallas

"Lawn Dart" >
> where 7 whole grain German bread is consumed,
> and its quaint residents don't even know if they have a mayor or not.

LMAO! :)

Chapter II: Varmit, marginally aloft, wonders..."Now, where's Kempner?",
as had many aviators before him. Having successfully navigated to Temple
Texas following I-35 he spotted his last Armadillo roadkill waypoint.
"Almost there..." he muttered to himself as he banked the little airplane
hard right.

Having gotten a late start it was now 3:00 am in the morning and Varmit was
suddenly startled by the ringing of his phone. "G'day Mate!" said the voice
on the other end of the phone. It was Varmit's wacky mate JayDub from OZ...

(true story)

The poor little Challenger II is currently suspended 2,200 above Temple
Texas awaiting the return of its pilot...

Dallas

dallas

"Lawn Dart"
> both reside in the rather scary, and might I add, politically
> incorrect state of Texas.

A clip from Ron White's comedy routine:

I'm from Texas and in Texas we have the death penalty and we USE it. If
you come to Texas and kill somebody, we will kill you back. That's our
policy.

They're trying to pass a bill through the Texas legislature right now that
will speed up the process. If you commit certain heinous crimes and there's
more than three credible eyewitnesses... if three witnesses saw you do what
you did, you don't sit on death row for 15 years making appeals. You go to
the head of the line. Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty.
My state is putting in an express lane.

Dallas

dallas

"boB"

> "We're right here, but that town over there, is new, it isn't on the map."

My sectional was not from 1993 as I originally thought. It's a San Antonio
sectional dated 1982... my god, I've been simming that long?

Dallas

On Mon, 16 May 2005 15:35:05 -0700, Lawn Dart
<willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

>Or did you mean "pours"? ;-)

Evil woman (ELO - sorry) :)

I have an excuse. It came in a few but <10 green bottles. They had the
words red and wine printed on their lables. (I'd beg to differ with
that description, however. Red: yes. Wine? The jury's still out.)

Both your hardware and software purchases make you poor. The
purchasing and pouring of my El Cheapo - vintage, what vintage? -
makes me a little poorer. I'd venture that the stuff pouring from both
our bank managers' pores is best left alone.

Anyway, FreeAgent dun't have no dikshunry are speel chuck.

I wonder ... I don't own a thesaurus but is the word "thesaurus"
mentioned in any such book?

James

On Wed, 18 May 2005 14:40:51 GMT, James Hodson
<jUNDERSCOREhodson@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 16 May 2005 15:35:05 -0700, Lawn Dart
><willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>Or did you mean "pours"? ;-)
>
>Evil woman (ELO - sorry) :)
>
>I have an excuse. It came in a few but <10 green bottles. They had the
>words red and wine printed on their lables. (I'd beg to differ with
>that description, however. Red: yes. Wine? The jury's still out.)
>
>Both your hardware and software purchases make you poor. The
>purchasing and pouring of my El Cheapo - vintage, what vintage? -
>makes me a little poorer. I'd venture that the stuff pouring from both
>our bank managers' pores is best left alone.
>
>Anyway, FreeAgent dun't have no dikshunry are speel chuck.
>
>I wonder ... I don't own a thesaurus but is the word "thesaurus"
>mentioned in any such book?
>
>James
"Thesaurus" in my Roget's Thesaurus is indexed as "list 87 n" and
"dictionary 559 n". I have had my thesaurus for >30 years, but have
only used it a handful of times. That may be more a reflection on me
than on the usefulness of such a book.

Hi Varmit,

Bet your balls it was a true story, mate!!

I'm just very relieved I wasn't rude enough to wake your wife up
(PHEW!!! ) :))), and I also reckon it corroborates Crash's original point,
that you don't sleep.

So, I'm thinking that Crash kinda, sorta, almost, if you know what I
mean, nearly, almost nailed you there with that one??? :)))

Whaaddayyaaa reckon, mate??

Regards,
John Ward

> "Lawn Dart" >
>> where 7 whole grain German bread is consumed,
>> and its quaint residents don't even know if they have a mayor or not.
>
> LMAO! :)
>
> Chapter II: Varmit, marginally aloft, wonders..."Now, where's Kempner?",
> as had many aviators before him. Having successfully navigated to Temple
> Texas following I-35 he spotted his last Armadillo roadkill waypoint.
> "Almost there..." he muttered to himself as he banked the little airplane
> hard right.
>
> Having gotten a late start it was now 3:00 am in the morning and Varmit
> was
> suddenly startled by the ringing of his phone. "G'day Mate!" said the
> voice
> on the other end of the phone. It was Varmit's wacky mate JayDub from
> OZ...
>

> (true story)
>
> The poor little Challenger II is currently suspended 2,200 above Temple
> Texas awaiting the return of its pilot...
>
> Dallas

Hi Lawn Dart,

Corker, mate!!

I see you haven't lost that great turn of phrase. :)

Regards,
John Ward