Flying Heavy Metal

Hi all

A while ago I mentioned a TV programme hosted by Iron Maiden's lead
singer, Bruce Dickinson. Today, on the Discovery web site, I came
across a short interview with Dickinson.

See
<URL:http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/flight/heavymetal/interview.shtml>
for the details.

James

On Mon, 16 May 2005 20:40:40 GMT, James Hodson wrote:

> A while ago I mentioned a TV programme hosted by Iron Maiden's lead
> singer, Bruce Dickinson. Today, on the Discovery web site, I came
> across a short interview with Dickinson.

Any idea how long that show has been running?
I noticed the name in the tv guide a few weeks ago and thought "oh great,
it's another programme about the rivalry between Airbus and Boeing".

Then, during a commercial break, I found out it was hosted by Bruce.
I'm now a frequent viewer! :)

I knew that crazy ah heck liked airplanes, and I knew he held a licence,
but I thought he just flew props every now and then.
He doesn't actually own his own 757, does he?
Tell me he's just collecting flighttime as SpeedBird pilot.

I always thought he like fencing more than flying.

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(You've got clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?)

I don't know about him, but I know John Travolta has his own 747 and is a
fully qualified Jumbo pilot.

(Maybe everyone knows that, but heck, it's worth repeating!)

Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter

>I don't know about him, but I know John Travolta has his own 747 and is a
>fully qualified Jumbo pilot.
>
> (Maybe everyone knows that, but heck, it's worth repeating!)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Quilly

John Travolta has his own 707...

An aerial of his abode:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://flatrock.org.nz/topics/flying/assets/travoltas_house.jpg&imgrefurl=http://flatrock.org.nz/topics/flying/dear_captain.htm&h=460&w=700&sz=49&tbnid=O5h7T8GdCCEJ:&tbnh=90&tbnw=137&hl=en&start=13&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtravolta%2Bpilot%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff

Sorry for the URL wrap...

Jay B

> John Travolta has his own 707...

Ah thanks, I knew it was something beginning with 7 !

--
Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter

On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:55:19 +0200, Marcel Kuijper
<zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 16 May 2005 20:40:40 GMT, James Hodson wrote:
>
>> A while ago I mentioned a TV programme hosted by Iron Maiden's lead
>> singer, Bruce Dickinson. Today, on the Discovery web site, I came
>> across a short interview with Dickinson.
>
>Any idea how long that show has been running?

Hi Marcel

The programme was first shown in the UK a few months ago on the main
Discovery channel. It is now being repeated - one episode per week, I
think - on Discovery Wings.

>Then, during a commercial break, I found out it was hosted by Bruce.
>I'm now a frequent viewer! :)

I was playing poker online a day or two ago. One other rather hopeless
played went by the name Jonny Blade. Ah, the oldies but goodies.

James

Marcel Kuijper wrote:
> James Hodson wrote:
>
>>A while ago I mentioned a TV programme hosted by Iron Maiden's
>>lead singer, Bruce Dickinson. Today, on the Discovery web site,
>>I came across a short interview with Dickinson.

> I knew that crazy ah heck liked airplanes, and I knew he held a
> licence, but I thought he just flew props every now and then.
> He doesn't actually own his own 757, does he?

He's a First Officer with Astraeus, flying 737s on European charters
out of London Gatwick:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2005/01/19/ftbruce19.xml
--
Paul Robertson (class303fan@zzzbtopenworld.com)
Glasgow, Scotland (remove zzz from above to reply)

On Wed, 18 May 2005 16:33:00 +0000 (UTC), Paul Robertson wrote:

> He's a First Officer with Astraeus, flying 737s on European charters
> out of London Gatwick:
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2005/01/19/ftbruce19.xml

Then what's all this talk about "his 757"?
He talks about it all the time on the show.

Wait a second....if he can't tell a 757 from a 737, I ain't ever flying
with him! :)

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(I've got a baaad feeling about this.....)