Epson C80 Printing Problem

I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture without
horizontal lines.

I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the realignment and
everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I do now short of
pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?

Pat
9 answers Last reply
More about epson printing problem

    "PEmpson181" <pempson181@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture without
    > horizontal lines.
    >
    > I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the realignment
    and
    > everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I do now
    short of
    > pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?
    >
    > Pat

    You have one of the best printers Epson have turned out. I'm still running
    one daily. If the streaks are down the length of the page it could mean your
    rollers are streaked with ink. This happens when the spittoon type reservoir
    on the left of the printer (when looking in from the front) is full. This
    needs cleaning out with some cotton buds and tissue to hand. Then clean the
    rollers and the lower guides.
    If your streaking is from misfiring of the odd Piezo nozzle then consider
    cleaning from within. An old cartridge filled with a dilute mix
    (10:1)household ammonia or possibly Mr Muscle shower cleaner works well as
    the ammonia content acts as a solvent for encrusted ink and crud gathered
    over the years.
    Although an older model they are very robust and worth a little effort.
    --
    Got the picture...Print it. JetTec perfect.
    http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink

    "PEmpson181" <pempson181@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture without
    > horizontal lines.
    >
    > I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the realignment
    > and
    > everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I do now
    > short of
    > pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?
    >
    > Pat

    That's what I did. I think if you don't use your Epson C80 all day, every
    day it clogs so badly that you get the horizontal lines and, as in my case,
    it just stops printing. I went so far as to use alcohol on a q-tip to try
    to clean it and I wasted a ton of ink and money trying to get it to work but
    I decided that 3 years of very expensive cartridges was enough for something
    that mostly didn't work well. For me it wasn't worth the aggravation or the
    waste of time in trying to clean it every time I tried to use it.

    It is worth a try to request a cleaning manual from me. It costs you
    nothing, and the procedure is relatively easy, and the materials you
    need to do the cleaning are available at most groceries for a few bucks.

    Art

    PEmpson181 wrote:

    > I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture without
    > horizontal lines.
    >
    > I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the realignment and
    > everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I do now short of
    > pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?
    >
    > Pat

    Please forward me your instructions for cleaning the Epson C80 printer.
    It ran out of ink and I changed all cartridges and then it would not
    print anymore. I even tried another set of ink but no luck.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Norman Williams

    On 23 Dec 2004 18:09:46 -0800, "kickit84" <kickit84@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Please forward me

    - I told you so
    - Definitely?
    - Yes
    - Are you sure?
    - Because postings are reversed and one doesn't know what you are on about
    - Why is top posting a pain in the butt?

    The vast majority of internet mail users top post and it is now
    convention for most. The history is below, so people only need read it
    if they require it to recall what is going on. Otherwise, one has to
    scroll every posting to find the new information. THAT is a really
    wasteful use of time.

    I top post almost exclusively, unless my reply would be completely out
    of context. Since he was actually responding to my message, I knew
    exactly what he was referring to.

    Top posting allows for a much easier method of reading postings. I have
    to read most of these daily, and have been doing so for nearly a decade.
    I would truly be wasting a heck of a lot more time is I needed to
    search for the new information on each post.

    Sorry, but my experience says that in spite of what you may consider an
    incongruity with the way literature or instruction manuals may work,
    these are conversations occurring in more of a "real time" setting, and
    the rules need to be changed to work best.

    That happens when new technologies come along. Tell anyone with a cell
    phone internet messaging system to not abbreviate anything because it is
    bad form.

    Form follows function. And in this case, old information follow new.

    Art

    pete wrote:

    > On 23 Dec 2004 18:09:46 -0800, "kickit84" <kickit84@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Please forward me
    >

    > - I told you so
    > - Definitely?
    > - Yes
    > - Are you sure?
    > - Because postings are reversed and one doesn't know what you are on about
    > - Why is top posting a pain in the butt?

    Because my posting was not properly detailed, I will be sending you the
    manual via this request. It was my error in not informing you and
    others that I have to be emailed privately for the manual. I had been
    up for over 24 hours when I wrote the posting in question.

    I won't be sending it to anyone else via a posting.

    You (all others) need to email me privately to get it.

    Art

    kickit84 wrote:

    > Please forward me your instructions for cleaning the Epson C80 printer.
    > It ran out of ink and I changed all cartridges and then it would not
    > print anymore. I even tried another set of ink but no luck.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Norman Williams
    >
    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >
    >>It is worth a try to request a cleaning manual from me. It costs you
    >

    >>nothing, and the procedure is relatively easy, and the materials you
    >

    >>need to do the cleaning are available at most groceries for a few
    >
    > bucks.
    >
    >>Art
    >>

    >>PEmpson181 wrote:
    >>

    >>>I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture
    >
    > without
    >
    >>>horizontal lines.
    >>>
    >>>I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the
    >
    > realignment and
    >
    >>>everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I do
    >
    > now short of
    >
    >>>pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?
    >>>
    >>>Pat

    I have the same problem. Just replaced the black ink cartridge (with
    the same Epson brand cartridge) and now it does not print (I get a
    steady 'ink' light and flashing 'paper' and 'power' lights). Once I
    put the old black cartridge in, it prints fine (albeit streaky because
    the cartridge is about empty).

    Any ideas what the cause or solution may be?

    THanks

    kickit84 wrote:
    > Please forward me your instructions for cleaning the Epson C80
    printer.
    > It ran out of ink and I changed all cartridges and then it would not
    > print anymore. I even tried another set of ink but no luck.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Norman Williams
    >
    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    > > It is worth a try to request a cleaning manual from me. It costs
    you

    > > nothing, and the procedure is relatively easy, and the materials
    you

    > > need to do the cleaning are available at most groceries for a few
    > bucks.
    > >
    > > Art
    > >

    > > PEmpson181 wrote:
    > >
    > > > I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture
    > without
    > > > horizontal lines.
    > > >
    > > > I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the
    > realignment and
    > > > everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I
    do
    > now short of
    > > > pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?
    > > >
    > > > Pat

    Do the lights go off when you return the old cartridge to the printer?

    Art

    Brian Siegel wrote:

    > I have the same problem. Just replaced the black ink cartridge (with
    > the same Epson brand cartridge) and now it does not print (I get a
    > steady 'ink' light and flashing 'paper' and 'power' lights). Once I
    > put the old black cartridge in, it prints fine (albeit streaky because
    > the cartridge is about empty).
    >
    > Any ideas what the cause or solution may be?
    >
    > THanks
    >

    > kickit84 wrote:
    >
    >>Please forward me your instructions for cleaning the Epson C80
    >
    > printer.
    >
    >>It ran out of ink and I changed all cartridges and then it would not
    >>print anymore. I even tried another set of ink but no luck.
    >>
    >>Any help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >>Norman Williams
    >>
    >>Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >>
    >>>It is worth a try to request a cleaning manual from me. It costs
    >
    > you
    >
    >>>nothing, and the procedure is relatively easy, and the materials
    >
    > you
    >
    >>>need to do the cleaning are available at most groceries for a few
    >>
    >>bucks.
    >>
    >>>Art

    >>without

    >>realignment and