Epson C80 Printing Problem

I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture without
horizontal lines.

I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the realignment and
everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I do now short of
pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?

Pat

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"PEmpson181" <pempson181@aol.com> wrote in message
> I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture without
> horizontal lines.
>
> I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the realignment
and
> everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I do now
short of
> pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?
>
> Pat

You have one of the best printers Epson have turned out. I'm still running
one daily. If the streaks are down the length of the page it could mean your
rollers are streaked with ink. This happens when the spittoon type reservoir
on the left of the printer (when looking in from the front) is full. This
needs cleaning out with some cotton buds and tissue to hand. Then clean the
rollers and the lower guides.
If your streaking is from misfiring of the odd Piezo nozzle then consider
cleaning from within. An old cartridge filled with a dilute mix
(10:1)household ammonia or possibly Mr Muscle shower cleaner works well as
the ammonia content acts as a solvent for encrusted ink and crud gathered
over the years.
Although an older model they are very robust and worth a little effort.
--
Got the picture...Print it. JetTec perfect.
http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink

"PEmpson181" <pempson181@aol.com> wrote in message
>I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture without
> horizontal lines.
>
> I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the realignment
> and
> everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I do now
> short of
> pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?
>
> Pat

That's what I did. I think if you don't use your Epson C80 all day, every
day it clogs so badly that you get the horizontal lines and, as in my case,
it just stops printing. I went so far as to use alcohol on a q-tip to try
to clean it and I wasted a ton of ink and money trying to get it to work but
I decided that 3 years of very expensive cartridges was enough for something
that mostly didn't work well. For me it wasn't worth the aggravation or the
waste of time in trying to clean it every time I tried to use it.

It is worth a try to request a cleaning manual from me. It costs you
nothing, and the procedure is relatively easy, and the materials you
need to do the cleaning are available at most groceries for a few bucks.

Art

PEmpson181 wrote:

> I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture without
> horizontal lines.
>
> I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the realignment and
> everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I do now short of
> pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?
>
> Pat

Please forward me your instructions for cleaning the Epson C80 printer.
It ran out of ink and I changed all cartridges and then it would not
print anymore. I even tried another set of ink but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Norman Williams

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> It is worth a try to request a cleaning manual from me. It costs you

> nothing, and the procedure is relatively easy, and the materials you

> need to do the cleaning are available at most groceries for a few
bucks.

> Art
>

> PEmpson181 wrote:
>
> > I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture
without
> > horizontal lines.
> >
> > I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the
realignment and
> > everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I do
now short of
> > pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?
> >
> > Pat

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On 23 Dec 2004 18:09:46 -0800, "kickit84" <kickit84@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Please forward me

- I told you so
- Definitely?
- Yes
- Are you sure?
- Because postings are reversed and one doesn't know what you are on about
- Why is top posting a pain in the butt?

The vast majority of internet mail users top post and it is now
convention for most. The history is below, so people only need read it
if they require it to recall what is going on. Otherwise, one has to
scroll every posting to find the new information. THAT is a really
wasteful use of time.

I top post almost exclusively, unless my reply would be completely out
of context. Since he was actually responding to my message, I knew
exactly what he was referring to.

Top posting allows for a much easier method of reading postings. I have
to read most of these daily, and have been doing so for nearly a decade.
I would truly be wasting a heck of a lot more time is I needed to
search for the new information on each post.

Sorry, but my experience says that in spite of what you may consider an
incongruity with the way literature or instruction manuals may work,
these are conversations occurring in more of a "real time" setting, and
the rules need to be changed to work best.

That happens when new technologies come along. Tell anyone with a cell
phone internet messaging system to not abbreviate anything because it is
bad form.

Form follows function. And in this case, old information follow new.

Art

pete wrote:

> On 23 Dec 2004 18:09:46 -0800, "kickit84" <kickit84@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Please forward me
>

> - I told you so
> - Definitely?
> - Yes
> - Are you sure?
> - Because postings are reversed and one doesn't know what you are on about
> - Why is top posting a pain in the butt?

Because my posting was not properly detailed, I will be sending you the
manual via this request. It was my error in not informing you and
others that I have to be emailed privately for the manual. I had been
up for over 24 hours when I wrote the posting in question.

I won't be sending it to anyone else via a posting.

You (all others) need to email me privately to get it.

Art

kickit84 wrote:

> Please forward me your instructions for cleaning the Epson C80 printer.
> It ran out of ink and I changed all cartridges and then it would not
> print anymore. I even tried another set of ink but no luck.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Norman Williams
>
> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>
>>It is worth a try to request a cleaning manual from me. It costs you
>

>>nothing, and the procedure is relatively easy, and the materials you
>

>>need to do the cleaning are available at most groceries for a few
>
> bucks.
>
>>Art
>>

>>PEmpson181 wrote:
>>

>>>I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture
>
> without
>
>>>horizontal lines.
>>>
>>>I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the
>
> realignment and
>
>>>everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I do
>
> now short of
>
>>>pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?
>>>
>>>Pat

I have the same problem. Just replaced the black ink cartridge (with
the same Epson brand cartridge) and now it does not print (I get a
steady 'ink' light and flashing 'paper' and 'power' lights). Once I
put the old black cartridge in, it prints fine (albeit streaky because
the cartridge is about empty).

Any ideas what the cause or solution may be?

THanks

kickit84 wrote:
> Please forward me your instructions for cleaning the Epson C80
printer.
> It ran out of ink and I changed all cartridges and then it would not
> print anymore. I even tried another set of ink but no luck.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Norman Williams
>
> Arthur Entlich wrote:
> > It is worth a try to request a cleaning manual from me. It costs
you

> > nothing, and the procedure is relatively easy, and the materials
you

> > need to do the cleaning are available at most groceries for a few
> bucks.
> >
> > Art
> >

> > PEmpson181 wrote:
> >
> > > I cannot get my printer to print a decent document or picture
> without
> > > horizontal lines.
> > >
> > > I've cleaned the printer head, run the nozzle check, did the
> realignment and
> > > everything else recommended and have plenty of ink. What can I
do
> now short of
> > > pitching the thing and buying a decent printer?
> > >
> > > Pat

Do the lights go off when you return the old cartridge to the printer?

Art