Sign in with
Your question

BTX FACTOR BLOWS!

Last response: in Motherboards
March 1, 2006 2:13:35 AM

I have recently purchased a gateway media center rite at christmas time and i didnt notice anything particular with it until i went to see if i can upgrade my mobo. I noticed that my case had a particular way of mounting the mobo on the other side so i went online and see why it did that. I now know that it has was a BTX factor, a big ass tube runs thru the comp with only 2 120mm fans on each side, not even the cpu has a fan, and i got a pentium D, so it gets hot when in full load. Im wondering thats the best BTX mobo out there for a pentium based cpu

---Thx Mike

More about : btx factor blows

March 1, 2006 2:48:29 AM

I found one and i hope itll work for the processor you bought cus i know nothing about intel mobos, processors etc. I hope this helps but it is kind of expensive, only one that wasnt crap that i could find.

MOBO, socket 775
March 4, 2006 6:52:15 AM

Well its a great Mobo xept the price, but ill keep looking, thx tho :wink:
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 7, 2006 8:48:04 PM

yea, btx is pretty new, i doubt gateway would have put it in a system around xmas time, its probably an atx mobo flipped upsidedown, if u open the case from the right side, then it probably is an atx mobo..
a b V Motherboard
March 8, 2006 4:44:01 AM

d00d, BTX is ancient in computer terms, being around 2 years old! It's been in OEM systems for over a year, and the only reason it seems "new" to anyone is because of customer resistance at the retail level.
!