parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
well ive never delt with any of these but i can tell u pretty much the basics...

the biostar is basically a rock solid board that u can just plug in and go, but i dont think it allows for much overclocking...

the gigabyte, uhhh bump :p (well i could say that its a stable board and overclocks pretty well, but i dont know this, basically just guessing..)

the DFI is the experts board. has everything u could think of in the bios to tweak and mess with, if u dont know what ur doing (if u plan to overclock) then stay away, from the bios at least, this is also a very stable board

depending on whether or not u want to overclock, and how good u are at it, id recommend the DFI if u pretty good with overclocking, and even if u want to learn u could learn on that board, but research online. second id say the gigabyte, just because its a known and very trusted brand, im sure the board will be stable and overclock fairly well. and 3rd the biostar, mainly because ive read reviews on there older boards getting very bad reviews, and not really hearing much about them before, there last of the 3 id pick

hope that helps a lil :p

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
yea, i heard asrock are very stable boards, they dont offer much else but lots of stablility... but what else do u need? is it true that asrock are lower end asus? (even though they dont perform like low end)

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
yeah, they are owned by asus. Lately, their "low-end" board have been pretty impressive. Check out this review for more info.

They have a huge number of features for the price.

twall

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2005
Watch out though, that DFI is not an SLI board...

NorthChip for that board is NVIDIA nForce4, you want NVIDIA nForce4 SLI or NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16.

If it is going to be one of those three i would go with gigabyte. You cant go wrong with gigabyte.

It seems like the best choice for you, but if you want to overclock, i agree with the others, DFI is a better choice, so you might want to take a look at other DFIs, but like i said, you can't go wrog with gigabyte.

gigabyte is a little more home friendly and i cant disagree on the quality - there great, i got lots of older gigabyte boards and there still in perfect working order.

SLI isnt really worth it

BRISKbaby

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
DFI boards have enought overclocking options to kill components LOL

WTF is BUMP?
Bump is just to get the post back to the top of the lists.

Thank you guys for your help, I really appreciate it. It looks like it is between the ASRock, I really like that it will be upgradeable to the new AMD Chips, the Gigabyte board, and the DFI... decisions decisions....

I think I will try the ASRock as it is cheaper and seems to be "future proof" at least for through this weekend.