How can i change RAM info in system properties

hakimkt

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
hi everyone
please anyone can tell me how can i change information of RAM capacity in windows system properties?

Thanks

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
You add more RAM to increase it, or remove RAM to decrease it? :p

Also, if you have onboard graphics, you can increase and decrease the shared memory size, alteriing the 'main' memory in the process.

I assume you are just trying to one up a friend of yours (yeah i have 32GB of ram!!!!11!), in which case I pity you, but photoshop is your only hope!

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
The memory shown there will always be how much memory windows sees, there is no way to 'tweak' it to see more, and even if you did you wouldnt gain any performance from it as windows still wouldnt *have* that much RAM.

Certain low level ramdisk drivers (which make a portion of your RAM into a logical disk drive) will reduce the memory availible to windows and therfore windows will display less RAM.

If you did find a way to INCREASE the RAM displayed you'd just end up with crashes as windows tried to address RAM that didnt exist.

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
there is a trick you can add info there..like your name and other stuff...you can write a file and name it oeminfo.sys...and put it in the system32 directory...
of course you cannot change the amount of memory displayed you can just add info.....the same trick is used by notebook and brands manufacturers...they add their name in there...

TRENDING THREADS