PowerSkin Case for Galaxy S III Gives You a Beefier Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

> Although there are tons of different iPhone battery-case accessories out there, Android devices haven't seen quite as much love.

Tha;s cos Android phones have this unheard of feature where you have access to the battery, and can even replace it with a fresh one when it's empty.Turns out batteries don't actually need to be fused with your phones case to operate.

For a few bucks, you can buy another battery to double your phones "on the road" life.

Having said that, if it wasn't $80 I might get this over an extra battery....

G

Very much needed. My mom's S3 dies often even with Easy Battery Saver put into Intelligent mode.

Shinobi_III

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
But.. The battery is removeable on the S3.. Why a case that charges the battery?
With all that extra waistline, you could've had a replacement back+battery with a much larger battery instead...

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Currently using Onite 4500 mAh battery in my S3 which you can buy for 10-20 dollars depending on where you buy it from. The pros of Android phones are removable batteries so take advantage of it! I unplug my phone from the charger around 7 AM, use my phone to listen to music while I work out, talk to people, text, browse, etc. I still have around 40-50% battery remaining at 11PM before I plug it back into charge mode.

G

Although there are tons of different iPhone battery-case accessories out there, Android devices haven't seen quite as much love.

because an android phone is an angel in a sex body but the iphone is all about a ugly shemale needs to shield up with tons of expensive cloths and make up to cover up how gay it was.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Nice, now make one for the DROID RAZR MAXX and a Vehicle Dock that fits. That would seriously annihilate the competition if all you're concerned about is battery life. The MAXX already destroys every other phone available in this aspect and should be the new standard for battery life.

bombebomb

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Why buy this? Just buy a big ole extended battery. I recently got one for the droid charge and it rocks, never goes dead during the day.

TechnoD

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Lol i have a samsung galaxy player (which i know no one has ever heard of) and I bought a second battery and cheap rubber case for it for under $10 ($7 batter $2.50 case). And the battery already lasts for 6 hours streaming netflix over wifi and transmitting audio over bluetooth.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Shinobi_III[/nom]But.. The battery is removeable on the S3.. Why a case that charges the battery?With all that extra waistline, you could've had a replacement back+battery with a much larger battery instead...[/citation]

Is that all you can do is bitch bitch bitch about a product? Did it ever occur to you that some people don't want to carry around an "extra" battery which requires them to remove the old battery and have to wait 5 minutes to power it back on? Did you? Huh? Huh? ....

WTF!

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Well, I found, for $11 shipped on Ebay, 3 new aftermarket batteries for a Galaxy S3 plus a wall charger that you put a battery into. I think Ebay is where any reasonable person would go for more battery life!

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]Takes about 5~10 seconds to powerup an S3 or other modern phones.[/citation]
I don't know what kind of phones you‘ve had but me thinks you're exaggerating a bit.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I don't know what kind of phones you‘ve had but me thinks you're exaggerating a bit.[/citation]

Takes the iPhone 3GS about 3 minutes to boot if you've turned it off. Very frustrating.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Takes the iPhone 3GS about 3 minutes to boot if you've turned it off. Very frustrating.[/citation]
Yeah, I have an SGS3 (really liking it too) and it don't boot up in no "5-10" seconds...das ist for sure. ...but it still be qwik-fast-andina-hurry.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]Is that all you can do is bitch bitch bitch about a product? Did it ever occur to you that some people don't want to carry around an "extra" battery which requires them to remove the old battery and have to wait 5 minutes to power it back on? Did you? Huh? Huh? .... WTF![/citation]

just timed a turn off to turn on on my samsung galaxy nexus... not even as powerful as the s3 and from hitting power off to manually holding the power button down to reboot (abotu 5 seconds) it was 1 min and 15 seconds to be full up and unlocked, granted I use a otterbox defender case so it takes another ... timed it 10 seconds to pop it out of the case and remove the battery and abotu 15 seconds to put it all back together, but you can remove it from the case before turnign off and boot it up while recasing

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
We get a full days use out of the standard battery in the SIII so I really dont see me spending $80 for an extra battery that is not essential that is just going to make the phone bulkier than it needs to be.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
That phone comes with a 2100 mah. Sedio makes a 4500 mah. I want a 10,000mah battery for this phone. This is a pure waist of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.