X850XT $165 at Newegg

pauldh

Illustrious
Yeah, I can see without clicking the link that my post could be confusing. I rushed submitting it to answer a phone call. But, Nowhere did I say it was AGP, I said it was half the price of any AGP X850XT on pricewatch(which would include Newegg). My points were, 1) great price for such a card, and 2) less than half the price of the AGP version.

pauldh

Illustrious
I have the urge to purge my home LAN of AGP systems. The price/performance/availability of PCI-e compared to AGP is just killing me. I want to buy this X850XT, but no need right now. :(

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Amazing... they had refurbs for that price last week, and now they have NIB for the same price. That really is an amazing deal. I can't wait to upgrade my computer this summer; hopefully the 6800GS and X850XT will still be floating around.

Hey, I have a question for y'all. This is in regards to ATi- does the warranty apply to whoever owned the card when the box was opened, or does it only apply to the person who first bought it from a retailer?

FlyGuy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
Hey, I have a question for y'all. This is in regards to ATi- does the warranty apply to whoever owned the card when the box was opened, or does it only apply to the person who first bought it from a retailer?

I know with BFG cards (lifetime warranty) the warranty is not transferrable. I believe EVGA offers a lifetime warranty as well but it is transferrable. Don't know for ATI specifically but I'd guess on the side of caution and say it's only for the original purchaser.

pauldh

Illustrious
I fully understand the temptation. If that had been Zipzoom with no NJ sales tax and free shipping ($160 total) I would have bought one even though I have no use for it now. But for me in NJ it's about $175 after having to mail a rebate, which oddly is enough for me to not buy. :? :roll:

Here's another card I just want to buy to have in stock for a build. I already have this card. But at $90 for those lucky enough to not have sales tax, it's just another example of why to go PCI-e. I tell ya, I am going to start losing sleep over the price differences compared to AGP :cry: :wink: .

Shad

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
I fully understand the temptation. If that had been Zipzoom with no NJ sales tax and free shipping ($160 total) I would have bought one even though I have no use for it now. But for me in NJ it's about $175 after having to mail a rebate, which oddly is enough for me to not buy. :? :roll:

Here's another card I just want to buy to have in stock for a build. I already have this card. But at $90 for those lucky enough to not have sales tax, it's just another example of why to go PCI-e. I tell ya, I am going to start losing sleep over the price differences compared to AGP :cry: :wink: .

Holy shit, 88.25 for a x800, I need to hit the bank and order this. Damn fine deal for that card.