Wireless headsets for use with FS?

Tim

Does anyone know of a wireless headset that would work with a PC for flying
or controlling online? I was wondering if one of these "Bluetooth" mobile
phone headsets could be set up to work like this.

The reason I'm asking is because on long flights (or if I'm staring at a
blank screen when controlling), I don't stay sat at the PC, but tend to do
other odds and ends around the home. A wireless headset would mean I get
alerted to anyone calling me....

It may well be a non-starter, but I figured that if it is possible, someone
here is probably doing it already!

Thanks,

Tim

Tim

Dallas wrote:
> "Tim"
>> Does anyone know of a wireless headset that would work with a PC
>
> Yes, there are hundreds of them. You simply plug the base unit into
> the sound card and they work fine.
>
> For example:
> http://www.800stereo.com/hph.html
>
> Dallas

Thanks, but I should have been clearer - I knew about them and meant one
that has a mic too. That said, I suppose I could do it that way and have a
separate mic........food for thought.

Thanks again,

Tim

dallas

"Tim"
> Thanks, but I should have been clearer - I knew about them and meant one
> that has a mic too.

Yeah, I might like one of those too. :)

Dallas

Tim wrote:
> Does anyone know of a wireless headset that would work with a PC for
> flying or controlling online?

Exactly for this purpose I use
ANYCOM Bluetooth USB-120 (dongle) and Bluetooth HS-790 (headset).
Found the bundle for 70 Euro (Germany)
Günter

Tim

Günter Mangold wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a wireless headset that would work with a PC for
>> flying or controlling online?
>
> Exactly for this purpose I use
> ANYCOM Bluetooth USB-120 (dongle) and Bluetooth HS-790 (headset).
> Found the bundle for 70 Euro (Germany)
> Günter

Thanks Günter, that's just what I'm looking for; what sort of range do you
get on the device? I'm guessing it's only a few meters.

Tim

Günter Mangold wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a wireless headset that would work with a PC for
>> flying or controlling online?
>
> Exactly for this purpose I use
> ANYCOM Bluetooth USB-120 (dongle) and Bluetooth HS-790 (headset).
> Found the bundle for 70 Euro (Germany)
> Günter

Will these work for any machine? Or do you have to have some special hard or
software?

--
Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter

Quilljar wrote:
> Günter Mangold wrote:
>> Tim wrote:
>>> Does anyone know of a wireless headset that would work with a PC for
>>> flying or controlling online?
>>
>> Exactly for this purpose I use
>> ANYCOM Bluetooth USB-120 (dongle) and Bluetooth HS-790 (headset).
>> Found the bundle for 70 Euro (Germany)
>> Günter
>
> Will these work for any machine? Or do you have to have some special
> hard or software?

Here an ordinary Vaio laptop.
Günter

On 19-May-2005, "Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Will these work for any machine? Or do you have to have some special hard
> or software?

The bundle should work for any Pc with USB-port... And a Windows-version
that supports USB.. :))
At least Win98 2nd Edition, WinME, Windows2000 or XP..
Not WinNT4 or previous Win9x-versions...

Drivers should be included with the devices...

If you already has a Bluetooth-enabled Pc (external device or built-in) then
you of course don't need the Bluetooth Dongle.

Regards
Mikael K

--
Vatsim-callsign: OY-MKO