window appearance

After installing a new antivirus cd and updating our windows xp, everything
has gotten larger. I went into the properties and tried to change the
appearance, but nothing has helped. My icons were also bigger, but I was
able to change them to a smaller size along with the font. Is there a
zoom-out button around here? My browser window doesnt fit my screen and is
driving me crazy. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you and
please help me!

"Cubbies" <Cubbies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| After installing a new antivirus cd and updating our windows xp,
everything
| has gotten larger. I went into the properties and tried to change the
| appearance, but nothing has helped. My icons were also bigger, but I was
| able to change them to a smaller size along with the font. Is there a
| zoom-out button around here? My browser window doesnt fit my screen and
is
| driving me crazy. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you and
| please help me!

It sounds like your screen resolution has been decreased making objects on
screen appear larger.

To increase your resolution open display properties, (right click an empty
spot on the desktop and choose properties *or* open Display Properties in
Control Panel) and go to the "Settings" tab. You'll see a slider titled
"Screen resolution." Use your mouse to slide it to the right. The resolution
you choose is mostly a matter of preference so experiment. (unless you have
a flat panel display which is designed to run at it's "native" resolution,
consult the display's documentation for the correct setting.)

If you find that you have no option to select another resolution you'll
likely have to reinstall your Display Adapter's driver. Again consult
manufacturer or documentation on how to proceed.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.