AFLASH.EXE in DOS gives a warning "cannot find bios hoo

RicVen

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
NEVER MIND. I HAVE ORDERED A TYAN BOARD. I BOUGHT ASUS BECAUSE I REALIZE THEY MAKE A GREAT PRODUCT. GIVEN TIME AND PATIENCE, I COULD HAVE WORKED THROUGH ALL OF THE PROBLEMS. BUT FOR THE WAY I AM GOING, TIME WOULD BE BEYOND THE GRAVE FOR ME!

THANKS

In trying to upgrade my BIOS on the A8N32-SLI, I get the warning that dos cannot find the BIOS hook. What does this mean? Is my BIOS chip bad or is my software bad?

I cannot install using the ALT+F2 to bring up AFLASH because ALT+F2 freezes the system and gives me a black screen. The A drive LED comes on and stays on but the screen remains black with an amber LED instead of a green LED. I tried inserting a floppy with the new BIOS on it and the system only beeps real loud but without a screen, who knows what is happening? The only way to crank it back up is to kill the power and then turn the power back on. Control+Alt+Delete does nothing.

When the system starts back up, it loads my scsi drives then the BIOS and reverts back to the American Megatrends screen that loads when I first turn it on only now I get "*****WARNING: unknown processor*****" and goes on to say "The processor(s) installed in your system are not known by the BIOS. Please contact your BIOS vendor for appropriate updates. Press F1 to resume." When I press F1, the system loads Windows XP along with all of my drive files. Windows seems to work ok but I know I did something wrong along the way? I cannot work if I have to worry about the system crashing.

When I press F8 to load the floppy first, the screen says BIOS loaded successfully before the floppy loads DOS. Seems to me that dos should be loaded before the BIOS in order to overwrite the BIOS?

I really need help! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My system:
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe board.
AMD FX-60 dual core operating at 2600MHZ.
4 GB Corsair Twin 2048-3200Pro Ram.
ATI Fire GL V7100 - one only.
4 each SCSI HDs.
I have other devices and if you need to know, tell me, and I will post them also.

Thanks,