asus a8n-sli premium question

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
i have an asus a8n-sli premium motherboard. i recently ran SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2005 and one of the 'tips' it gave me was that my motherboard bios was old.
does anyone know what the latest bios for this motherboard is and post the link to the download please? thanks

(also, i would be very greatful if you could outline briefly the main steps on how to update the bios, or post a link to a site explaining how)
thanks again!

CallumN

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
IUs there not a tool on the CD for downloading new BIOS's, and installing them while still in XP, such as there was on the old Socket 7 boards?

If not then the asus website.

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
there should have been software that came with the motherboard that will download all the new drivers for your motherboard for you. If you don't want to use it just go to ASUS website. They will have all your drivers there to download.

http://support.asus.com/default.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

there was a software that updates the drivers an bios, its called asus update, but that was the problem all along, it doesnt work! when i try to install it it tells me 'NT service registry error! please reboot NT and run again' and then when i press ok, it tells me,
'warning! No ASUS motherboard detected. Installation will be aborted now.'

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
actually your not the first person that has happen to. Their motherboards are great but their software sucks. You can use that link I provided earlier and just download them manually.

primus11

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
Hey mo26...I recently had your same problem and I found a fix from Logitec that solved it for me. Atleast with the Asus auto update.

run regedit and change
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/wow6432Node to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/awow6432Node

restart and asus auto update should install and run..Hope this helps

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Hey mo26...I recently had your same problem and I found a fix from Logitec that solved it for me. Atleast with the Asus auto update.

run regedit and change
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/wow6432Node to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/awow6432Node

restart and asus auto update should install and run..Hope this helps

YAAAAY!!!! :D , It actually worked!!! THANKs primus11, oh man, finally i can update the bios and fix the problems in my computer.
WOW, you dont know how much trouble you just saved me!!!
THANKS AGAIN!!!