Nav 2 Frequency

I am pretty new to this.
Can anybody tell me where to find the above frequency for the airport that I
am attempting to fly to in FS2002.
I have been looking on the map and clicking the destination airport where
the Nav 1 frequency is but am unable to find Nav2.
Many Thanks
Chris Hunt

"Chris Hunt" <chris@hunt31.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am pretty new to this.
> Can anybody tell me where to find the above frequency for the airport that
> I am attempting to fly to in FS2002.
> I have been looking on the map and clicking the destination airport where
> the Nav 1 frequency is but am unable to find Nav2.
> Many Thanks
> Chris Hunt

Hi Chris,

There is no "NAV 2" frequency. Each VOR or ILS has but one frequency per.

You do have two NAV radios, however.

The reason you have two NAV radios so you can dial in two different radials
which define intersections. You can also have NAV 2 set to track a VOR
radial while you have an ILS frequency dialed up on NAV 1.

Another thing you can do to help with navigation is to define crossing
"gates" off a second VOR while you are tracking TO or FROM another.

For example, say you are west of the XYZ VOR, flying eastbound TO the
station along the 270 degree radial. South of you is the ABC VOR. If you
turn the NAV 2 OBS to 360, you can determine exactly when you are magnetic
north of the ABC VOR. Looking at a chart, there is only one place where the
270 radial of XYZ and the 360 radial of ABC can cross, and that's EXACTLY
where YOU are! Nifty, huh? This is used frequently by real life pilots.
It's a nifty trick to help keep your GPS honest too.

Hope this helps...

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL / Sim Pilot Too
Chandler, AZ

On Wed, 18 May 2005 06:34:06 +0100, Chris Hunt wrote:

> Can anybody tell me where to find the above frequency for the airport that I
> am attempting to fly to in FS2002.
> I have been looking on the map and clicking the destination airport where
> the Nav 1 frequency is but am unable to find Nav2.

Nav1 and Nav2 are vor receivers onboard the aircraft. You can tune them to
any frequency you want.
For instance, if you want to fly to an intersection of two vor radials, you
must tune the freq. of the first vor in nav1 and the second in nav2, and
when you see both localizers centered, you are at the desired intersection.
Or you can tune the airport vor freq. in nav2, for the approach to that
airport, and in nav1 you can have ILS frequency for a specific runway
tuned, to be ready to make an ils approach to that rwy.
Is that what you were asking?

Jay Beckman wrote:
> For example, say you are west ...............

Guten Tag Jay
Your perfect reply animated me (since long times) to fly an intersection
exercise.
(I'll beginn in a 50kts wind scenario;-)
Günter

Thanks to all

Chris