lexmark printer 1150

Hi there. My daughter is having problems with her printer. ; It will not
print in black anymore!!
She installed a new cartridge, removing the tape and made sure it snapped
into place, no printing in black even after aligning the heads.
We uninstalled the drivers and install them again. - no good!
Tried soaking the head in alcohol for a few minutes. If she pressed on the
head it would produce some black ink!

Any other ideas she can try??

Thanks in advance for any help

reply to group only please as email is no good

Lorne

fred

If the adhesive is old, it can stick on the head. Alcohol probably won't
take it off.. If yo feel adhesive on there, you might try a few drops of
lighter fluid on a swap and wipe it.

Or just take the cartridge back to the source if you can and swap it. If
you're refilling it, maybe it's life is over.

Also, if you are happy with the 1150, great! Don't ever get a X73,
though...

http://www.geocities.com/lexmark8792/tribute.html

Fred