Keyboard Problems

Can anybody help me configure my keyboard on windows xp -
It is installed as a standard 101/102 key keyboard but is
actually a 105 key.

Subsequently some keys don't perform the correct
operation - All the standard keys are in the right place
but when you you the shift option they are wrong - e.g
The @ key is where the " key should be and vice versa and
the pound sign key has been replaced with the # key.

I have installed the software and drivers that came with
the keyboard but they don't change it.

Please email me if you can help.

Tom
2 answers Last reply
More about keyboard problems

    Two places to check; control panel-keyboard and device
    manager-keyboard. Look for buttons used to update the model
    selected or the driver.

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 02:29:22 -0700, Tom wrote:

    > Can anybody help me configure my keyboard on windows xp -
    > It is installed as a standard 101/102 key keyboard but is
    > actually a 105 key.
    >
    > Subsequently some keys don't perform the correct
    > operation - All the standard keys are in the right place
    > but when you you the shift option they are wrong - e.g
    > The @ key is where the " key should be and vice versa and
    > the pound sign key has been replaced with the # key.
    >
    > I have installed the software and drivers that came with
    > the keyboard but they don't change it.
    >
    > Please email me if you can help.
    >
    > Tom

    Check that your language selection for the keyboard is set correctly. Use
    Control Panel (classic view)> Regional and Language Options> Language>
    Details to check that English-UK (or -USA, or whatever your preference) is
    selected for operating system *and* keyboard.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Keyboard Problems Keyboards Windows XP