Keyboard Problems

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can anybody help me configure my keyboard on windows xp -
It is installed as a standard 101/102 key keyboard but is
actually a 105 key.

Subsequently some keys don't perform the correct
operation - All the standard keys are in the right place
but when you you the shift option they are wrong - e.g
The @ key is where the " key should be and vice versa and
the pound sign key has been replaced with the # key.

I have installed the software and drivers that came with
the keyboard but they don't change it.

Please email me if you can help.

Tom

Two places to check; control panel-keyboard and device
manager-keyboard. Look for buttons used to update the model
selected or the driver.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 02:29:22 -0700, Tom wrote:

> Can anybody help me configure my keyboard on windows xp -
> It is installed as a standard 101/102 key keyboard but is
> actually a 105 key.
>
> Subsequently some keys don't perform the correct
> operation - All the standard keys are in the right place
> but when you you the shift option they are wrong - e.g
> The @ key is where the " key should be and vice versa and
> the pound sign key has been replaced with the # key.
>
> I have installed the software and drivers that came with
> the keyboard but they don't change it.
>
> Please email me if you can help.
>
> Tom

Check that your language selection for the keyboard is set correctly. Use
Control Panel (classic view)> Regional and Language Options> Language>
Details to check that English-UK (or -USA, or whatever your preference) is
selected for operating system *and* keyboard.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User