Auto Date and Time keeps updating, even after i save.

I have a program i use regularly to type generic letters. It automatically
inserts the Date at the top of my letters with the current date. However,
when i save the word file and open at another date it updates the date to the
current date again. I thought it would save the date i previously used.

How can i still use the auto insert date, without it updating each time i
open the word doc.

Hi, kjm.

What is the "program i use regularly to type generic letters"? It's not
clear to me whether you mean Microsoft Word or some other application.

Your best bet might be to post your question to one of the several
Discussion Groups for Microsoft Word. It doesn't seem to be a Windows XP
Basics kind of question.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA