Sign in with
Your question

Problems with burning DVDs... Hard Lock ups... Need Help!

Last response: in Storage
March 2, 2006 3:35:38 PM

Hey All

Basically i got a DVD burner ive been trying to burn DVD or CDR and i get super hard lock up especially when i burn DVD's. My comp just frezzes.. the mouse isnt moving the DVD drive is making noise but nothing is happening.

I usually end up restarting the system.... and the DVD is a coaster....

I use an original copy of ahead nero burning rom 7 full version.

that DVD drive in general ahs a hard time reading anything.... most of the time it just reboots teh computer....

Misha
March 3, 2006 1:49:17 PM

Have you got the DVD writer on its own IDE channel as master ?
IS there a firmware upgrade ?
Does your mobo have the latest BIOS ?

What is the exact make/model of the writer ?
What is your mobo make and model ?

Also check you don't have Starforce on your system:
click me !

:p 
March 3, 2006 5:31:11 PM

I had the problems before i installed starforce... (which was yesterday cause i got the urge to play Splinter Cell)

the burner is on master IDE has the newest firware updates and i got a new bios update and all.

I custoemd made my system... built it myself...i had a regular CDRW burner before it worked fine.....

dont knwo why the burner is all dumb... maybe its broken....
Related resources
March 6, 2006 2:31:39 PM

Maybe try deleting the burner out of Device Manager and reboot ?
Windows will redetect the hardware ...

... long shot but maybe worth a try :?
March 7, 2006 3:49:02 PM

Seeing how I just went through a week of trying to figure things out with my brothers DVD rom, may I suggest this; try using the same IDE cable that the master is on and switch your DVD rom to slave. That was the last step I did and the problems I had were fixed. Just make sure you get into Device Manager and delete the old setup and drivers first. Then do the cable and reboot/install the player.
March 7, 2006 4:20:40 PM

could just be disfunctional.. exchange the drive...

what is the make and model of the drive?
March 24, 2006 4:09:51 PM

Could this be a power problem? what rating is your powersupply?
April 10, 2006 9:40:34 AM

Quote:
bombasschicken
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:20 am Post subject: Re: Problems with burning DVDs... Hard Lock ups... Need Help
could just be disfunctional.. exchange the drive...

what is the make and model of the drive?

Yeah agreed, I recently had the same problem after only 4 DVD burns. It would read for awhile but even that stopped after a week and would lock up entire PC causing me to power reset to recover. Sent the DVD writer back for a successfull warranty claim.

oh btw, this was a Liteon SHW1635 8X drive.
October 20, 2007 8:57:42 AM

!