GOOGLE SEEN SHIFTING TO AMD CHIPS IN SERVERS

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Very much, what would be awesome is if they added insult to injurt, and used Athlon MP servers, lol! The Athlon MP's can hold their own against Xeon's and MP's only have 266MHz FSB's!! lol.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Very much, what would be awesome is if they added insult to injurt, and used Athlon MP servers, lol! The Athlon MP's can hold their own against Xeon's and MP's only have 266MHz FSB's!! lol.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
really mike i never thought it was possible

linux_0

Splendid
This is more proof that AMD's goal to achieve a 30% market share before 2008 is getting more credible.

According to the analyst, Google has more than 200,000 servers, and winning it as a customer should enable AMD to see a "significant sequential increase in their server business in the first quarter."

Those are sweet numbers. :wink:

Read here:
http://www.smartmoney.com/bn/ON/index.cfm?story=ON-20060302-000690-0837

I applaud google for choosing a superior architecture over marketing :-D

This is more proof that AMD's goal to achieve a 30% market share before 2008 is getting more credible.

According to the analyst, Google has more than 200,000 servers, and winning it as a customer should enable AMD to see a "significant sequential increase in their server business in the first quarter."

Those are sweet numbers. :wink:

Read here:
http://www.smartmoney.com/bn/ON/index.cfm?story=ON-20060302-000690-0837

Google refuses to use hot and expensive to run machines, and since conroe isnt here AMD suits that role just fine.

Caboose-1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Think of Intel as you and AMD as a midget in terms of market share. You have been running from the midget with a machete and he is slicing away at your Achilles Tendon stealing away market share. :lol: ........ 8O

linux_0

Splendid
I dont understand how people invest loads of money just to do some folding >_>

I have though the same thing. I have also thought of how I could spend <$200 per bare-bone (linux) machine and crank out the protiens!

Linux can crank out proteins like MAD :-D

I believe it is the #1 cluster OS.

Semper Fi Carry^H^H^H^H^H Linux on! :D